+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to do w/ The Brutalizer???

What to do w/ The Brutalizer???

The World of Warcraft Armory

Gunnyal (orc/prot) - Zangarmarsh - Guild Off Tank (and occasional MT) 4/5 MH, 5/9 BT

I logged out in my EH set. I'm above the hit cap and above the soft expertise cap in that set.

I also have a pretty decent avoidance set, 16k health and 36% dodge unbuffed, however that set is around 92 hit, but good on expertise.

So, to my question. I've been utilizing the Cleaver off Zul'jin, gemmed for hit, enchanted with Executioner as my everyday/EH/avoidance weapon. The Brutalizer finally dropped last night and I do not know what enchant to put on it or which set to use it with. Looking at the EH/Avoidance sticky in the gear forum, seems to point that the Cleaver is a bit better as an avoidance weapon. Obviously the Brutalizer hits a little harder. Do I put Mongoose on the Cleaver and use it with my avoidance set (seeing as how I need the hit)? Do I put Executioner of the Brutalizer and use it as my everyday/EH weapon? Or should I put Mongoose on the Brut and use it for everything?

Thank you,

Al

Oh... if you hapeen to see any holes/oddities in my toon, I'll gladly take comments/criticisms/etc.
    Last edited by Gunnyal; 06-26-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Bump!

I'm curious as well. I'm hoping for a Brutalizer drop soon, but regardless of when it happens I'm next in line for it. Right now I run with:
    Blazefury with executioner for my threat set, Mallet with mongoose for everything else.

I have the cleaver which I got recently (but don't even have it gemmed or enchanted because I can't figure out what to do with it - it's an odd weapon...threat and avoidance stats and a socket that could make it the best EH tanking weapon in the game).

Given one has access to all 4 options, how would you gem/enchant these and what sets would you use them with?

Clearly the Brutalizer is a straight up replacement for the Mallet (considering I get none of the nifty mallet racials as a Tauren) as every stat is better (except you lose 1 stam). but I still am trying to figure out what would maximize my weapons best.

A. Don't follow trends. Think, look at WWS, look at omen and react. I wear 5% hit, 400 BV, 11.25% expertise in my threat gear and rape all 7(?) of my guilds 2100+ DPSers in Threat. Given that your guild is 4/5 4/9 you are probably dealing with 1500ish DPSers. If you have problems, work on your rotation and rage management. Don't stack hit because you hear other people are obsessed with it.

B. Don't know who said that Cleaver has better avoidance, but it's inaccurate. 1.16 avoidance on Brut and .85 on Cleaver.

It's 10 hit + one socket vs .3 avoidance and 23 expertise and the DPS increase. Easy choice, Brutalizer wins.

Now if only Brutalizer would ever drop.... Full exalted for awhile now with both Hyjal/BT and I'm still using Mallet ><

+ Reply to Thread