+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto-Blocker and Defense Rating Help

Auto-Blocker and Defense Rating Help

Hey everyone.

I'm a prot tank and have been my whole 70 life, have about 13.5k unbuffed hp and 14.5k armour (progressing nicely i think) and a varying amount of defense.

I have tried to organise my gear for maximum hp and stats, rather than keeping my defense high (i think it is around 493 in my current set-up).

Also, I recently purchased the auto blocker. However, replacing my Dabiri's Enigma with it will put my defense down by 12-13, putting me around 480 defense. (other trinket is darkmoon vengeance).

I do have 39 resilience however, so I am not sure how much that helps out with the defensive situation.

I got the auto-blocker to do better tps during trash, my question is whether or not I can replace dabiri's with it, or do i need to sub in some of my other defensive gear to cover for it.

I think that for trash i require less defense than for the bosses, is this correct? If so I think i can probably get away with it.

If not, is it worth replacing other gear with more defense gear (at the loss of stamina probably) or just going without the auto-blocker?

Thanks for any help (sorry for long post).

your resilience would keep you crit immune for bosses even. On trash dont worry about it use the autoblocker.

TankingTips.com - A guide to tanking as a Warrior in World of Warcraft check this site out has sooo much info your new and even experienced tanks. If you look you will find a blog about how much reslience = defense.

I have actually read that before but it has been a while and should have probably inspected the resilience equivalents before posting lol.

The drop of defense from dabiri's just seemed very large and worrying. Thanks for the clarification.

+ Reply to Thread