+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Stat Benchmarks

Fury Stat Benchmarks

Hey guys.

I've been doing most of lvl 60-70 as prot and absolutely love it, have been raiding etc. as a prot tank and it is great fun.

However I have been wondering with my collection of off-set items whether I could be viable as dps, and if not what I would need to aim for to be so. This is so in the situation where there are too many tanks for a raid i could go as dps instead.

I've searched through as many topics as I could find on fury gear and stats, but nowhere have I found a definitive guide to what stats you should have for beginning raiding (ie. prot had to have 490 def 12k hp and armor etc.).

So what would you guys suggest are good stats to aim for to be ready for raiding? I know fury for kara isn't great, so either stats for post-kara raids or what stats would make fury good for kara would be appreciated.

If you don't know the stats, just a basic dps value would be a good indication for me as well (though I would prefer some stats to aim for).

Currently I am around these stats unbuffed (not fury specced either im arms atm for pvp): The World of Warcraft Armory

1600 (dual wield) 1700 (2h) AP
    23% Crit (in zerker)
    100 Hit

But that is without any decent fury weapons or trinkets (so i know i have a ways to go - trinkets are a problem cos the quests for the pre-raid ones I did for tanking trinks).

So what should I be aiming for? Stats, Dps or gear advice would be greatly appreciated.

there's a thread that just got posted to the front page that addresses that. check it out and post further questions if you've still got some.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

You are arms specced on your armory so not sure exactly what your stats are as fury...95 hit is an absolute minimum to raid with, 130-150 feels a whole lot better rage wise. Most fury warriors aim for at least 27-28% crit unbuffed in zerker stance, I feel comfortable at 30% or better. 1800 AP would be a good goal for raiding unbuffed to start. Trinkets you want to do heroic magister's till you get shard of contempt. 2nd trinket I would do black morass for hourglass trinket. Buy the aldor rep ring to go with mithril one. Chest from heroic magister's would be a big upgrade as well.

That is helpful info. Wasn't there when i first started searching these forums today lol.

I do have 1 question though. That post is for ZA and early 25 mans - what about kara? Is fury even viable for kara? I have heard it isn't the best but don't know what to believe (isn't really a problem as I am a decent tank and get get gear out that way).

Also what is more important in gearing up (seems like i am almost there) crit or ap? My crit is lacking at the moment, but the ap seems a lot easier to get. Getting decent weapons would probably change this though.

Edit: Also can I go into heroic MgT with these sort of stats? Or should I go tank in there and try and get the dps trinket?
    Last edited by Chosenx; 06-25-2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Previous poster posted while i replied

the trinket in HMGT is dps and tank trinket. It is equally incredible for both. Go in there as a tank to make it easier. Hit need even if a rogue is in the group you need it just as bad as they do.

Thanks for the info, it is very helpful.

I guess my last question would be what pvp weapons i should get. I'm guessing it is between swords and fists, but I figure I might as well ask people who know what they are talking about to make sure.

grab the badge fists if you can, it doesn't really matter though which pvp ones you get if you opt to get the pvp weapons, because as fury you can't get weapon specialization.

If you're a human grab swords for expertise, if you're an orc grab axes for the same reason, if you're neither. grab whatever you want to look good in (except daggers of course).

i think stacking your AP will be better gains btw, your crit will naturally come as you gear up especially in kara, and raid buffed you shouldn't have problems keeping flurry going.

Definately do magister's as a tank, it is hard to get a group to take a non CC class dps there even when you are overgeared, let alone building a set. Fury is fine in kara, just watch omen and don't pull. Breeching comet is a great dps axe that drop's in magister's also, maybe go with that and fool's bane to start until you get your hands on some better weapons....Rage and Fury drop pretty regularly in ZA once you get going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    grab the badge fists if you can
    This.

... it doesn't really matter though which pvp ones you get if you opt to get the pvp weapons, because as fury you can't get weapon specialization.
    This is a core base talent for a fury spec, not sure what you're saying here.

If you're a human grab swords for expertise, if you're an orc grab axes for the same reason, if you're neither. grab whatever you want to look good in (except daggers of course).
    See first quote. Get the badge fists, period.

i think stacking your AP will be better gains btw, your crit will naturally come as you gear up especially in kara, and raid buffed you shouldn't have problems keeping flurry going.
    True AP-wise. Stack it. Eat strength food. Relentless Assault flasks. Use stones for crit. Try to get grouped w a feral druid or a Shammy dropping either GoA or WF (though with low crit, GoA maybe more beneficial). Not so sure that Kara is the place to get 'crit' gear though, not at all.
    http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...nna_Arygos.png

That's right mom and dad ... I'm a monster!

He meant you do not spec for any particular weapon like you do in the arms tree if you are going fury.

yeh, i meant weapon spec as in sword spec, mace spec, poleaxe spec. Apologies for confusion.

Weapon Mastery is definitely a wanted talent.

Thanks for the replies, it has all been very helpful.

About the badge fists - should I be aiming for them considering I am also a prot warrior? Or should I aim for the tank stuff that I can get with badges first?

hrm, this really depends on your situation, will you be dps'ing more or will you be tanking more.

If your role is more likely going to be the MT or a tank, then get tanking gear first, if your role is gonna be a dps warrior who OT's on the side, I think the fists will be bigger upgrades for you.

Your call.

+ Reply to Thread