+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Hit rating to aim for?

What Hit rating to aim for?

Ok, so I got descent armor and hp and manage to stay alive pretty good in heroics and just started Kara. Now I'm thinking about getting my hit rating and expertise up.

Armory link

In my regular tank set I'm at 60 HR and 16 expertise, and yes sometimes I have threat problems. Mostly on trash mobs, sometimes on bosses.

Is there a magic HR number to aim for? Expertise is capped at 23 I read somewhere.

I'm farming badges atm and aiming for 100. Vanity tells me to go for [item]Sunguard Legplates[/item] and hope for glove drop in Kara so I can become full epic. But is it better to get [item]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx [/item] and [item]Girdle of the Fearless[/item] first? That's only 10 more badges.

*$

Hit rating is something i would not advice gemming for or gearign for unless it is already on tank gear, like the badge stuff, as for the cap, it is 142 unless you are dreanei. as for what to get i would go for the bracers and belt first they are better gear in general, while the legs are great teh belt and bracers you have are okish imo and id get rid of them first.

Regards,

Silthias

Agree w/Silthias...the belt is considered the best new badge item available, I would definately pick up the belt and bracers first. Also consider hit food, 20 extra hit without having to gem or change gear for it.

Hit food? Man that sounds like something, gotta check it out.

Thx for advice, I realised Felsteel gloves and Timewarden leggings are extremely good and they've been with me for so long now I cant remember when I picked them up. Really want to upgrade them but guess that can be done in Kara as soon as I get to farm that place.

So, belt first then?

*$

Yes, definitely belt and bracers first. If you get lucky, Wrynn will drop for you to replace Timewarden and buy you a little more time.

Daniel

Maiden gloves ftw.

+ Reply to Thread