+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB Suggestions :)

WTB Suggestions :)

Okay this is me The World of Warcraft Armory, dont know how to link coolness like you guys :P

Kinda new to this tanking thing, straight from hitting 70 i did PvP. I need some suggestions on gear for OT in kara. I'm working on Shoulders of the Bold and the DEF trinkey from Slabs, but i need a new tanking sword/anything else you guys think i need new for tanking. I know i need to replace a ring and waist and my trinkets. If you can tip me and criticize me in any way possible, thanks

-Mookies, Ysera

Spec-

Drop the 2 pnts in Imp Shield Bash and drop them into Imp Sunder armor
    Drop the 2 pnts in Imp Taunt and drop them into Imp Thunder Clap
    Drop 1 pnt in Imp Def Stance and finish out Imp Thunder Clap

That will help for starters.

Gear-
    Socket all your slots with stam, Attk Pwr and Str are DPS tools if you want to be a tank of any kind in Kara you need Stam.

Sword-
    [item]crystalblade of the draenei[/item] Back in the day when I started out tanking it was on the AH alot around 100g and a good starter tank wepon. Its a world drop i belive.

[item]warp-storm warblade[/item] Last boss in heroic mana tombs.

[item]honor's call[/item] Exualted with Honor Hold faction.

[item]the sun eater[/item] Last boss in heroic Mech.

Hope this helps and good hunting.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

A couple other things. First off if you want to tank kara and any heroics you need 490 def or a mix of resiliance. I would just go for 490 def raiting.. its really not that hard to get as a warrior. Gemming for stam is about the best you can do at any gear lvl for progression.. you may have to toss some def gems in there if you find yourself below the 490.. i think for 5 man tanking its like 480 or so.. could be wrong.

There is a nice axe you can get in shadowmoon after a long quest chain.. Basically the best way to gear up is def and stam at first.. avoidance will come down the road as your gear gets better. I think there is also a starter tanking thing somewhere on these forums.. look into that for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by nobel View Post
    A couple other things. First off if you want to tank kara and any heroics you need 490 def or a mix of resiliance. I would just go for 490 def raiting.. its really not that hard to get as a warrior. Gemming for stam is about the best you can do at any gear lvl for progression.. you may have to toss some def gems in there if you find yourself below the 490.. i think for 5 man tanking its like 480 or so.. could be wrong.

There is a nice axe you can get in shadowmoon after a long quest chain.. Basically the best way to gear up is def and stam at first.. avoidance will come down the road as your gear gets better. I think there is also a starter tanking thing somewhere on these forums.. look into that for gear.
    thank you so much for the tips/suggestions.

Another question, is Defense 454 the same as Defense rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Kewter View Post
    Another question, is Defense 454 the same as Defense rating?
    No. 454 is your defense skill. You have a defense rating of 199 which gives you an additional 84 defense skill to your base skill of 350.

As for your gear, here's a list of easy to get upgrades you could look into:

Cloak: [item]Burnoose of Shifting Ages[/item] from the first boss of BM or [item]Devilshark Cape[/item] from the last boss of SV

Belt: [item]Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard[/item] from the Arcatraz key quest line. Very nice belt that I've still yet to upgrade (WTB more badges )

Ring: [item]Elementium Band of the Sentry[/item] from Arcatraz or [item]Protector's Mark of the Redemption[/item] from a Shadowmoon Valley quest line

Trinket: [item]Argussian Compass[/item] from the last boss in heroic Underbog. There are a lot of other good trinkets around too.

Ranged weapon: [item]Nightstrike[/item] from Vexallus in Magister's Terrace or [item]Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item] made by engineers.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arrivan View Post
    No. 454 is your defense skill. You have a defense rating of 199 which gives you an additional 84 defense skill to your base skill of 350.

As for your gear, here's a list of easy to get upgrades you could look into:

Cloak: [item]Burnoose of Shifting Ages[/item] from the first boss of BM or [item]Devilshark Cape[/item] from the last boss of SV

Belt: [item]Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard[/item] from the Arcatraz key quest line. Very nice belt that I've still yet to upgrade (WTB more badges )

Ring: [item]Elementium Band of the Sentry[/item] from Arcatraz or [item]Protector's Mark of the Redemption[/item] from a Shadowmoon Valley quest line

Trinket: [item]Argussian Compass[/item] from the last boss in heroic Underbog. There are a lot of other good trinkets around too.

Ranged weapon: [item]Nightstrike[/item] from Vexallus in Magister's Terrace or [item]Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item] made by engineers.
    Okay thank you alot.

but i kinda still dont get this def stuff, people are telling me i need 490 def rating for bosses not to crit me, thats what i need to get, do they mean defense?

Read the fortification's guide as well as the pre kara gear listing guides you can find here on this site. Those guides will help you greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewter View Post
    Okay thank you alot.

but i kinda still dont get this def stuff, people are telling me i need 490 def rating for bosses not to crit me, thats what i need to get, do they mean defense?
    They mean defense skill. Anyone that says 490 def rating is wrong and actually means def skill
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

+ Reply to Thread