KK - I'm ready for some advice and a general critque.
1. I'm planning on dropping the remainder of my def/dodge/ etc gems for 3 more solid stars - that should be + 180 hp - is this an advisable plan of action? (Telling me to get purple gems is not an option at this point -I'm just starting Kara in a casual raiding guild.)
2. I currently have 35 badges - based on my current gear and that I will probably be in kara with my guild for 4 more weeks (and possibly gruul's, mags pug) what should be my top 3 badge picks?
3. The +15 str on the gloves was a quick fix as they dropped in the middle of a run, I hearthed to pick them up and threw an enchant on them between pulls since i had mats. Which should i go for 2% threat or +15 agi?
4 Any other enchant suggestions?
5. Any rep gear I should focus on in the next 2 or 3 weeks?
6. Talents build - is it decent? (I run a bunch of undergeared noobs from guild on heroics 3 or 4 times a week so please keep that in mind - i.e why I have imp taunt and imp revenge)
7. I have some bg's to grind for s2 Shoulders next week.
Drop imp taunt and revenge. Learn to live without them. Tell your DPS to be more disciplined or die.
Hard to tell about gear since you look like you are in your DPS gear. If this is your tanking gear, then you need to replace it. You might get by in a normal dungeon but you shouldn't use blue DPS gear as most of your tanking gear.
I'd definitely advise gemming for more stam. Just don't dip below 490 defence. When starting new content EH is 99% of the time better.
I'd definitely stick with the imp revenge for the stun. Kara has a LOT of trash and stunning them 45% of the time you revenge is very helpful. Not only does it stop them from running amock, it will also up the melee dps on them cause it can't dodge, parry, or block.
I also like the imp taunt and i'd advise that you stick with it being that you're in a casual guild where you can expect undisciplined DPS who will be pulling left and right.
I'd also spend your 35 badges on something with expertise.
I.E. the brooch of deftness necklace or the bracers of the ancient phalanx. Expertise will help you build threat, and avoid parry-counter deaths.
Brooch of Deftness is an upgrade over SSO, but since you have SSO, I would move it down the list a little bit for now. I would actually save up 75 badges and buy Girdle of the Fearless, that would be a huuuuuge upgrade over Lion's Heart.
All of your enchants are within reason. For gloves, I like 2% threat personally.
You need some new trinkets, pray for drops like the Pocket Watch and Commendation or buy up Darkmoon cards and make one of the +51 stam decks. Don't blow badges on the Auto-Blocker yet.
If you get the S2 shoulders, just put stam gems in them. No reason to bother with the socket bonus.
Try to get a threat weapon. King's Defender should be pretty easy to come by and use the most of the time over The Sun Eater. Maybe run heroic MrT for Quickening Blade of the Prince.
Also, not sure how many characters you have but I always try to have two crafting professions on my mains. Two crafting professions give you more opportunities to min-max - maybe fill in a gear gap. I have engineering and blacksmithing. Engineering netted me tank-a-tronic googles which you will be hard to find an upgrade over (still using them). Blacksmithing allowed me to make a bunch of tanking gear along the way especially Blazefury which is a superior threat weapon and very hard to find an upgrade short of t6 and red havok boots. I recently was able to replace both of those by clearing ZA (Cleaver of the Unforgiving and Jungle Stompers) - so they served me well for a very long time. I just converted one of my alts to a full-time gather. If I get an upgrade to my tank-a-tronic goggles, then I might drop engineering for enchanting or more likley jewelcrafting.