+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black Temple - How Long to Finish?

Black Temple - How Long to Finish?

The new expansion is just over the horizon, and my guild has not yet killed Illidan. We are 3/9 in BT after only a few nights spread over the past three weeks. We're currently in there one to two nights a week as we farm Hyjal and we're still learning Archimonde. As soon as we figure out how to get Archie down, we're going to devote two to three nights a week to BT.

How many nights would it take an average guild to learn and progress through the rest of the Black Temple? How many nights did it take you?

im actually pretty interested in this as well. we are in a similar spot and i really would like to get illidan down before the expansion drops.

Our guild raids 12-13 hours a week over three nights. It's a fairly laid-back schedule, but we take the raid nights serisouly. People are expected to research strats, know their class / spec / gearing, have high attendance and perform at a high level or eventually be replaced by someone who does.
    • 01/24 Kael'thas down, 25 people attuned to MH. (Remember attunements? )

• 02/01 First night in MH, Rage Winterchill down.

• 02/21 Azgalor down.

• 03/11 First night in BT, Naj'entus and Supremus down.

• 04/25 Archimonde down at long last. Longest time we ever spent learning a new boss btw. As a comparison we had Kael'thas down after 14 hours of pull over the course of 2 weeks.

• 06/13 Council down. Probably would have happened a couple of weeks earlier had we not had an officer's account hacked and lost all our Hearts of Darkness before we had made SR gear for Mother Shahraz. Thankfully we were able to borrow Hearts and get the stuff made.

• 06/19 First Illidan pulls. I think we should have him down either tonight or next week, knock on wood.

You can click on the link in my sig to view Elysium's progression timeline. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Armstrong; 06-27-2008 at 03:01 PM.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Update: Illidan down!
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post
    Update: Illidan down!
    Grats!!!! That's awesome stuff!

Thanks for your timeline post; that's very, very helpful. Three months from start to finish, possibly less, provides a very nice benchmark. Hopefully we'll have him down before the end of summer

I think that timeline is a good idea, so here's ours:

11/20 Kael'thas down
    11/20 Winterchill down
    11/30 Anetheron down (attunements for all raidmembers stole a lot of time )
    12/07 Najentus & Supremus down
    12/10 Akama down
    01/07 Kaz'rogal down
    01/15 Azgalor & Archimonde down
    01/25 Gorefiend down
    02/04 Bloodboil down
    02/05 RoS down
    02/11 Mother Sharaz down
    02/19 Council down
    03/10 Illidan down

we lost almost a month during december '07 because of winter- and christmas-holidays of most of our raidmembers and new years eve, had some trouble with hearts of darkness so we had to do it with greens to have the whole raid being capped and so on. some things did not work as intended, but the result counts.

illidan was just a headshot for our cripple-casters that can't kill parasites and pulled aggro in P2, and we kept cleaning hyjal summit every week to gear up.
    Last edited by Minya; 07-04-2008 at 06:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread