+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury Vs. Pauldrons of Stone..

Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury Vs. Pauldrons of Stone..

Hello (And sorry for my english...it's have been a long time without practice it u.u),

I'm a pally protec and I just got my Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury (Supremus 2 of BT) today and I have been comparing it. So, this is the upgrade from Pauldrons of Stone Resolve (Zul'aman time chest #1):

Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury
    +118 Armor
    -1 stamina
    +2.02% dodge
    -3.82% block
    -30 Block value

General Avoidance with Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury and holy shield up: 111.34%
    General Avoidance with Pauldrons of Stone Resolve and holy shield up: 112.88%

So... I loose 3.82% of block and 30 block value, but I gain armor and 2% dodge... What do you think? I think dodge is a better stat than block in MH and BT and I'm trying to get more, but it's at the cost of block rating... so...

I don't know what to do ! help ^^

PD: BTW Is 528 of spell damage unbuffed enough for BT and MH?

Save both and here is why

For the number of AoE packs in Hyjal the block rating from Stone Resolve is going to really help on threat. I normally run with around 30% block in there and 22-23% dodge and tank everything just fine. With Holy Shield always active, save the occasional knockdown, and Redoubt proccing all the time you can hit nearly 100% to block on most packs. Every block equals threat you don't have to work for which is a wonderful thing and your warlocks will love you.

Abyssal Fury should be saved for harder hitting mobs and Bosses in my opinion. My Boss tanking set hits nearly 30% Dodge and 22-23% block. Dodge and Parry are like gold when it comes to boss fights as they count for pure avoidance rather than mitigation. When you block a 5K hit for 400 you have to question what the point of that is when you can stack more dodge and parry to avoid it altogether. You might be getting less mana return from the decreased amount of damage taken but maximizing threat with less mana should be a concern.

On the amount of spell damage question I return with question. Do you have 2% threat to gloves? If you have 40 Spell Damage on them drop it in favor of this. If you do have it then see if you can itemize differently to get a little more stam or a little more avoidance in place of Spell Damage. I'll have to check the math but it's somewhere around 450-460 that 2% threat overtakes 40 Spell Damage. With the number you listed you are well above that.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Yup, definitely take both.

+ Reply to Thread