+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moving from Kara to ZA

Moving from Kara to ZA

Hello,

I've been tanking with my guild for the last two months or so. I created this guild awhile ago more as a joke, but we've actually started to do quite well recently. We can clear all of Kara in one night. In the last two weeks had some more friends hit 70 who we've been gearing up. Our healers are geared enough for ZA as well as our tanks (in my opinion). Our DPS is almost there as well.

Typically I offtank in Kara because I have a much better dps set than our other tank.

My two questions are:

1.) What gear can I get from badges, crafting and Kara would be a significant improvement as we start ZA?

2.) I have the epic shoulders from Heroic Shattered Halls. Should I use those or the Merc Glad shoulders? The Merc Glad shoulders are a major stam upgrade for me.

Typically our main tank is: The World of Warcraft Armory

Me, our off tank: The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by Sapir; 06-26-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Keep your defense shoulders on. I would get the SSO shield, I think it is an upgrade to nightbane's and costs no badges. 35 badges for slikk's cloak would probably be a good investment for you, your dodge is a little low compared to your other stats. I know you bought the old badge belt, but the new one is a huge upgrade. Tanks need to prioritize threat stats (expertise and hit) in ZA for two reasons...A. So taunts do not get resisted....B. So the dps can really open up and kill stuff. Dps being threat capped usually equals failure. Your MT has 0 hit....that really won't work in ZA. Tell him to get the bonefist guantlets and the SSO neck that you are wearing. Have fun in ZA!

Your MT needs to take a hard look at his spec. Imp BR and Tact Mast . . . if he needs them go for it. I can't say I miss either one of those when I don't spec it. But seriously having no points in 1H spec is kind of unforgivable. Imp Rev is kind of useless in raids. Imp taunt I never take because I would rather /kick DPS who doesn't know how to read Omen. Imp SB again kinda not so important in raids. Imp Shield Wall. . . o'rly? Imp Def St is one of those "depends upon content" talents. But he could use a major overhaul in talents. Or at least some meditation on what he's taken. KD is fine for defensive fights, but it's also good to have a threat weapon as well. I, personally, don't have a defensive weapon. Just BF with executioner.

Your armory looks more on the ball to me than his.

Like Tat mentioned though in ZA expertise and hit are pretty important. HP and armor are as well as Bear and Lynx hit like trucks.

+ Reply to Thread