+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me pick badge gear.

Help me pick badge gear.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Currently my guild has Mag and Gruul's on farm, and we have downed VR and Lurker.

Prior to last night, I was saving my badges to get a [item]Girdle of the Fearless[/item], but the [item]Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable[/item] dropped for me on a Kara badge run. I know it's not nearly as good, but with 56 badges I was thinking I might be better off picking up some other badge gear-- threat's been something of an issue for me.

I was thinking about picking up [item]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx[/item] for the expertise.

Also, what enchant should I go with on my [item]Warbringer Handguards[/item]? +10 stamina or +240 armor?

If you're worried about threat, you should still get Girdle of the Fearless over Bracers. I love the Bracers, but Fearless gives you the same expertise + 23 hit rating. Of course you're defintiely getting the bracers at some point anyway, but Fearless gives you more of what you want.

For your chant, 2% threat has become a very popular chant. I personally went with 240 armor on my gloves (I have Bonefist).

Daniel

I recently replaced the Crimson Girdle with Girdle of the Fearless and currently use the Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx along with T4 glove+threat enchant. Plus I put the +10 hit rating gem in the belt - I know it's not stacking stam, but seems to work for me. Last night on Nalorakk and Akil'zon I had consistently over 1k threat , with spikes at 2.2k (as seen on Omen). I realize this is tangential to the original question, but if threat is the issue, is stacking +hit a good idea, or does stam rule?

The TPS numbers registered through Omen are not entirely accurate. You need to run WWS to obtain your actual TPS.

To attempt to answer your question: you cannot generate threat when you're dead. You only want to gear for threat when you pass the EH and avoidance levels required to not get blown up. As you begin to outgear an encounter, gearing for threat is a great idea. Gearing for threat allows your DPS to go harder so runs are faster and if you're outgearing it, you already know that you clear the bar for your defensive minimums. If you are just barely getting through an encounter ,keep stacking stam. Gearing for threat includes stacking expertise (eliminate opponent dodges and parries), hit (eliminates miss chance), and SBV (increases damage done by Shield Slam).

Daniel

+ Reply to Thread