+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to go next?

Where to go next?

SSC 5/6
    TK 3/4
    MH 4/5
    BT 5/9

RoS at 62% third phase so gonna continue there, looks like an easy kill next time we get there, but what next after that ?

Reason SSC and TK endbosses are still alive is that when the guild was formed, it was formed of casual players who didn't get invited when former guild core formed hardcore guild or from players who had been stuck in a guild having problems recruiting. And in both cases been doing SSC/TK for months and months and gotten sick of the places. We had to start BT/MH fast cause we were loosing players who had skills and gear and wanted to get somewhere new like BT/MH.

Whats been buggering me is that it's really silly having Archimonde on farm (or even Illidan for that matter) while we still haven't killed Vashj or Kael. So was wondering if you guys think it's worth spending a night in ssc on vashj and a few on Kael just to be able to say we downed them, or continue our fast BT progress ? Or hold BT progress for a coupla weeks while we get Archi on farm for his nice loot? Or just continue BT since it all seems so easy...

For the record, we are "casual" guild raiding MH/BT 3 nights a week, requiring our Raiders to show up for atleast 2 of those nights. Also often spending an extra non-mandatory evening in clearing either SSC/TK for trialists/more casuals/alts.

Id say do Vashj next, then go for another in BT then keal, then BT then Archi and so on, this will break it up but allow you to do everything.

Don't go back go forward. Kill RoS and mother and council. That's 9 tier6 tokens per week even without Illidan and Archimonde.

Whatever you decide to do, I would suggest staying relatively focused. Its a progression killer to have all these choices and to dabble in each of them but not really locking in on one. I'd say its ok depending on your raid schedule to allow a relatively small amount of time to work on something else but designate the primary progression target and go kill it.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

As I understand it, you will get stuck on boss 7 in BT, Shiraz, until you have farmed enough hearts for the guild to have some resist gear. (That's where my guild is now, we haven't tried it without the resist gear.) With only 3 nights/week, that stuck phase could last a long time if you do not clear BT every week. Are hearts available for sale on your server? Drop SSC and TK from your raid schedule and instead put the BT trash clears as your off nights?

As you describe your guild, 3 nights/week, I would consider skipping Kaelthas for another month at least. To decide between Archimonde and Vashj, ask your Core, get an idea of how they feel.

mother is very easy tho. we tried her last sunday with half the raid in SR, we came back with a full SR raid yesterday and she died on the first attempt. I'm kicking myself for focusing on archimonde while everyone took their sweet time to get their SR gear, instead of just going for mother asap.

If you don't have enough hearts buy them from a progressed guild. She's a complete pushover.

We got plenty of hearts, we have friends in high places SWP guild on our server has promised to provide us with the hearts we need. And in BT no boss has ever been a bottleneck. We were warned that a Teron was a "guildbreaker" but he went down in third try ever (included first try where the object was only to get some feeling for the fight with most un-prepared). Bloodboil down in total of 4hours, RoS at 62% ph3 after a total of 2.5hours (was a full raid-night but had unusual trouble with dc's/afk's).

Several people in the guild have already killed Ilidan with a guild that recently disbanded and we've been recruiting like hell. And the more veterans guildmembers want the MH ring while those BT veterans shrug at the thought of starting wiping again at Vashj/Kael. And as I've told my guildmembers before, to get the ring we need to kill Kael aswell and not just Vashj when they were asking for Vashj tries, and Kael would take too much time away from BT progress, specially with bosses dropping 3xT6 tokens o_O

I guess I just needed some reassurance to my decisions.

i told our raiders that once we could reliably clear the first 3 bosses in BT & MH in two nights (one night each) we would go back to Vashj, and later Kael. So far its a crapshoot on whether or not we wipe all night on one boss or 1-shot everything. we have... awareness issues. clearing the first 3 in one night with no wipes generally means that there will be lots of time to begin on the next boss in the zone also regardless of which boss it is.

My guild was working on Vashj before the patch came out. After the patch we finished Vashj and went into MH and BT. We're 4/5 4/9. We put it up to vote by the guild, focus on Kael now or kill Illidan first and a large majority voted Kael. We've had 2 and a half nights and got him pretty solid past the p2 to p3 transition. Then last night was the first in months we didn't have enough on to fill a raid. It might have been server problems, or it might be our new direction.

I handle every run as a practice for speedruns, cause of our few raidnights per week. And even though we've only spent a few weeks in BT we can do 4MH and 5BT in two nights. Last week for example we killed Bloodboil for the first time at the end of our second raidnight, with MH cleared to Archi. Sadly, imo, was only due to DC's and AFK's we failed in killing RoS, would have been two new bosses in the same week

+ Reply to Thread