+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Romulo poison vial vs Berserkers Call. Threat.

Romulo poison vial vs Berserkers Call. Threat.

Just wondering which is better, I just got a romulo poison vial, is it worth replacing berserkers call for my 2nd threat trinket?

That doesn't actually help him at all...

Between the two I would go with the vial, I think the hit rating would affect your threat more than a little AP. And while not really your question, agris is right, shard of contempt is probably the best threat trinket you can get.

I'd agree, conditionally, with Tattman2an. The real question is what is your hit rating excluding Romulo's? If you are already hitting with all your specials, go for the greater AP boost. But if you are not, go with Romulo.

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    That doesn't actually help him at all...
    Yes it does. The answer to his question is "neither," because it's not worth including either of those Trinkets in a threat set considering what else is out there easily available.

But his question wasn't which is the best trinkets. He possibly doesn't have either of those two trinkets, and thus is why he's asking between these two. So no, your response doesn't help him at all in the context of this thread. Although it does tell him what to strive for, it doesn't necessarily help him because he might have more important badge picks first, not to mention fighting dps for a shard.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Assuming a 2% proc rate on Romulos, the proc adds ~10 TPS. That plus 35 hit is damn good for threat.

So..

Shard of Contempt adds 50 TPS, Romulo's 35, Gnomer 22, Zerker's 20.

And that is if you are above 5.6% expertise. If not, then the value of Shard goes way up.

Long TPS boss fights use Shard and Romulos. Heroics/Trash mobs use Romulos/Gnomer for the quick spike that they generate.

if you have shard, use it all the time anytime you have threat as a component of worry.

Blocker is great for snap aggro, and for a little mitigation but the way expertise works, it's hands down the best threat stat for a warrior. If you can get the shard, use it, but if you're lacking it (like a lot of us are =( ) then use romulo's for threat but make sure you swap it out for when you need survivability (hp trinkets or dodge trinkets).

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Yes it does. The answer to his question is "neither," because it's not worth including either of those Trinkets in a threat set considering what else is out there easily available.
    Nah, it doesn't help. The answer to his very specific question is whichever is higher TPS - he didn't ask if either of them are worse than Shard or Autoblocker.

I already have a shard, I want to use 2 threat trinkets for heroics/kara to help on rage.

I don't have auto blocker though, already fkn grinded for the entire badge set, I'll just save myself 300-400g epic gems on s4 instead of that old trinket.

Personal choice I guess, but the autoblocker's on use is quite good when you need snap aggro, shield slamming with it proc'd can generate 3-4k threat in 1 move.

+ Reply to Thread