+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior - Gear Help

Prot Warrior - Gear Help

First off here is a link to my armory page:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Also out guild currently has Kara on farms (2 groups doing full clears every Wednesday), High King/Gruul and Magtheridon more or less on farm. We also currently have the 3/4 of the first bosses in ZA on farm and are trying to get Jan'Alai and Hex Lord down more often but I normally get subbed out for a dps warrior to help out on the dps.

I occasionally fill in as main tank when our current one is out and lead our second kara group. There are a couple other offtanks that are about as geared but I always seem to do a better job then them.

I know I need a couple upgrades in my current set (helm, main hand, and ranged mainly) but I seem to be unlucky on drops and a bit short on gold for a couple fancy things like the Khorium Destroyer.

I've had priority on the tier 4 helm if it ever drops but the past 3-4 weeks it hasn't and same thing with the Kings Defender and
    Sun Eater. I know you need to get a bit lucky on drops to get anything but is there anything else I may be overlooking that may be upgrades to those slots compared to what I currently have? Should I go for the badge helm even though I will replace it as soon as a helm token drops?
    Last edited by Albacore; 06-17-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: armory link

A tank can't afford to be much time undergeared, you wouldn't be considered to harder fights if you do, and when luck doesn't help, maybe badges will, if your helm is soso then try to get Stoicism in chest to compense, also cloak, legs and gloves, and so on. When my netherspite shoulders didn't drop (finally did when i didn't need them) I went to sethekk for the epic ones from there. The axe from the cypher questline is pretty good if you don't have an epic replacement.

You should link your armory and this belongs in the armory suggestions forum (moved).

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I could have sworn I included the armory link originally. However I went back and put it in. As for badges I've already picked up the Chestguard of Stoicism and the Girdle of the Fearless as well as the Slikk's Cloak of Placation.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    First off here is a link to my armory page:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Also out guild currently has Kara on farms (2 groups doing full clears every Wednesday), High King/Gruul and Magtheridon more or less on farm. We also currently have the 3/4 of the first bosses in ZA on farm and are trying to get Jan'Alai and Hex Lord down more often but I normally get subbed out for a dps warrior to help out on the dps.

I occasionally fill in as main tank when our current one is out and lead our second kara group. There are a couple other offtanks that are about as geared but I always seem to do a better job then them.

I know I need a couple upgrades in my current set (helm, main hand, and ranged mainly) but I seem to be unlucky on drops and a bit short on gold for a couple fancy things like the Khorium Destroyer.

I've had priority on the tier 4 helm if it ever drops but the past 3-4 weeks it hasn't and same thing with the Kings Defender and
    Sun Eater. I know you need to get a bit lucky on drops to get anything but is there anything else I may be overlooking that may be upgrades to those slots compared to what I currently have? Should I go for the badge helm even though I will replace it as soon as a helm token drops?
    Here are some options.

The Boomstick - Item - World of Warcraft - Heroic Sethekk from the Druid quest boss Anzu - not a bad survival gun until you get your Destroyer.
    Nightstrike - Item - World of Warcraft - Regular Magisters from Priestess Delrissa - great threat weapon, better in 5 mans probably than the Destroyer since in 5 mans you really don't have a huge risk of dying, more focused on max threat so things die fast.

Quickening Blade of the Prince - Item - World of Warcraft - Heroic Magisters, from the last boss, Kael'Thas. IMO better than King's Defender/Sun Eater if you are only worried about threat - the high dps + speed + armor ignore combine into a fantastic threat weapon. I don't think you get a better threat weapon until the mace from Lurker.

Commendation of Kael'thas - Item - World of Warcraft - Heroic Magisters, Priestess Delrissa. Massive stam + survival proc when you need it most - would definitely recommend picking it up either to pair along with your Darkmoon Card when you want max stam, or to replace your Darkmoon card when you want to pair it with something else.

Shard of Contempt - Item - World of Warcraft - Heroic Magisters, Priestess Delrissa. One of the best threat trinkets in the game. This much expertise means you are shaving a ton of dodge/parry off the table with one trinket slot.

Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx - Item - World of Warcraft - 35 badges. Fantastic bracers, upgrade all around from the ones you have (more armor, more defense, same stam, more threat).

Regarding your helmet, I would not waste badges on the badge one. Eventually you will get t4, or if you get really frustrated you could level Engineering and get a helmet you won't replace until t6. But that's a big undertaking!

+ Reply to Thread