+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TPS and Tank Gear Spreadsheet

TPS and Tank Gear Spreadsheet

Update 8/13: Version 2.13.3
    Last edited by Kamani; 08-13-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Unfortunatly when i tried to open it with open office it tells me the file is corrupt, so is it possible to upload it in the standard XLS file type? as could be an incompatability issue. Thoguh for quick reference i did one http://www.tankspot.com/forums/theor...ss-threat.html Which seems to get everythign i needed, so untill others can comment id try looking over the differences, if any, to see what has been missed, or infact what i may have missed that you have counted.

Silthias

Noticed my first problem. Innate threat yields 0 threat on a miss/dodge/parry etc. But does it apply double threat on a crit? Or just the base.

just the base, only the dmg related threat gets increased. And might I say, DAMN!!! thats one impressive spread sheet, the only think id mention is that i dont see anything that shows a TPS including the "perfect" rotation, I personally would add that in as then you can see jsut how much changing one thing will affect the TPS, since lower block value and higher hit for example would cancel each other out at tsome point, and just having threat values makes it harder to see. But then that is personal preference.

Silthias

Quote Originally Posted by Silthias View Post
    just the base, only the dmg related threat gets increased. And might I say, DAMN!!! thats one impressive spread sheet, the only think id mention is that i dont see anything that shows a TPS including the "perfect" rotation, I personally would add that in as then you can see jsut how much changing one thing will affect the TPS, since lower block value and higher hit for example would cancel each other out at tsome point, and just having threat values makes it harder to see. But then that is personal preference.

Silthias
    1. You sure innate threat doesn't double? I haven't been able to find anything supporting either claim. I'm assuming a crit doubles because a miss adds none. The sheet is currently factoring in crit = 2x innate.

2. The perfect rotation is what it is set to as default. Due to the fact that it uses averages and not actual roles, 30/30/60 produces the same exact result as 1/1/2. (Shield Slam/Revenge/Devastate)

And thanks.

50+ downloads and no comments. /sadface

Edit: 10 downloads since I made this post and still no comments. Even more QQ.

Edit 2: 7 more downloads and no comments. WTB feedback before I release 2.0!
    Last edited by Kamani; 06-25-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Moved this to T&A.

excellent work mate, ive been following this spreadsheet since you bought it out and this really deserves a sticky.

Especially for the fact i can save all my different gear sets and have them with me on the go

Extremely easy to use and i hope you keep updating, and mayb even work in weapon procs and trinket procs.

Couple of things i noticed tho are, you armor calc seems slightly off as in game it says i have 18146 armor but your calc is coming up with 19426, you also seem to be missing a few enchants and peces of gear (eg i currently use +10 stam to gloves and you dont have it listed)

Ty, keep updating and keep up the GREAT work

EDIT: got a bit carried away and forgot the main reason i posted =P

When i hi the Compare macro on the main threat 2.0 page for the other weapons, the TPS went to, and stayed at, 10x the normal TPS. =O

Last and final edit: Noticed the problem somehow Points in Defiance got changed to 243 and that messed everything up =P
    Last edited by Ghost; 06-25-2008 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamani View Post
    1. You sure innate threat doesn't double? I haven't been able to find anything supporting either claim. I'm assuming a crit doubles because a miss adds none. The sheet is currently factoring in crit = 2x innate.
    Innate threat isn't affected by the amount of damage done. If the ability lands successfully, you get X bonus threat. Doesn't matter if the damage itself is a hit, a crit, or absorbed by a shield.

When i hi the Compare macro on the main threat 2.0 page for the other weapons, the TPS went to, and stayed at, 10x the normal TPS. =O

Last and final edit: Noticed the problem somehow Points in Defiance got changed to 243 and that messed everything up =P
    There was a version where if you clicked one of the macros it would put your strength(I think) in whatever cell you had highlighted at the time. For the second problem I'm sure this was the problem. The first I don't really know.

Couple of things i noticed tho are, you armor calc seems slightly off as in game it says i have 18146 armor but your calc is coming up with 19426
    Hrmm... Only thing I can think of is a user error. Or an item with an extra digit on it's armor. I never come across anything but the correct amount.

Innate threat isn't affected by the amount of damage done. If the ability lands successfully, you get X bonus threat. Doesn't matter if the damage itself is a hit, a crit, or absorbed by a shield.
    Looked it up in fortifications and found it, according to Cider you are right. Thanks sir!

And thanks to the two of yas.

Just finished and added 2.2. Enjoy!

Edit: Quickly found a problem and updated it...Sorry for the useless 2.0 version. 2.1 is out.
    Edit 2: Another....2.2 out
    Last edited by Kamani; 06-25-2008 at 02:16 PM.

can u post it to google spreadsheets rapidshare sux /doesnt load

Updated with 2.4. Added next stat calculations.

Anyway to add balance Imp Fairie Fire (3% to hit) to the buff list(even though it's a mob debuff)? Just found out this existed so now I'm off to redesign my threat gear

A. I'm keeping it on Rapidshare because of the downloads for membership time deal. I heart free accounts.

B. Imp FF has been added.

2.6 is out.

Thanks for the great spreadsheet, I have only just started using it, but plan to get a lot more use out of it ;-)

Two minor formula issues I noticed FYI:

1) In order to get my correct strength I had to add a floor (or rounddown) function to the "from vitality" formulas for strength (you have this on the "from vitality" for stam, but not for strength).

2) The socket bonus for my ranged weapon (Khorium Destroyer) was adding even though I did not qualify for it. The formulas in that row appear to be missing the if statement that similar socket bonus rows have, it worked when i added the appropriate if statement ;-)

These are not criticisms, just trying to be helpful. I work with large and complicated spreadsheets daily and I know the pain ;-)

The design is great, it was easy for me to add in a couple of gems you did not have listed and it all worked smoothly (I checked the named ranges before doing so though ;-).

Thanks again,
    thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, we love TankSpot ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kotamundus View Post
    Thanks for the great spreadsheet, I have only just started using it, but plan to get a lot more use out of it ;-)

Two minor formula issues I noticed FYI:

1) In order to get my correct strength I had to add a floor (or rounddown) function to the "from vitality" formulas for strength (you have this on the "from vitality" for stam, but not for strength).

2) The socket bonus for my ranged weapon (Khorium Destroyer) was adding even though I did not qualify for it. The formulas in that row appear to be missing the if statement that similar socket bonus rows have, it worked when i added the appropriate if statement ;-)

These are not criticisms, just trying to be helpful. I work with large and complicated spreadsheets daily and I know the pain ;-)

The design is great, it was easy for me to add in a couple of gems you did not have listed and it all worked smoothly (I checked the named ranges before doing so though ;-).

Thanks again,
    thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, we love TankSpot ;-)

Thank you sir =P

Fixed those problems in my current sheet, they will be updated as soon as I upload the next version(some time this week.)

I downloaded the spreadsheet, and all I had time to review was the gear list which was quite good. The only omission I noticed right away was I didn't see was a value for Blade of Life's Inevitability thrown weapon which I think seems to have awesome threat potential especially with the socket, but I'm not positive. There were some other thrown items and trinkets i'd like to see, but you accounted for a LOT of high end gear. Good job.

I only wondered about two things the spreadsheet which I didn't have time to try and figure out. One is how Expertise is calculated. The problem with it is it seems to me (for items at least) the raw threat number assumes any piece with expertise or hit are your only piece....Because clearly Expertise gives more threat up to 23 than it does after that, and there comes a point were you would be both expertise and hit capped where basically any other threat stat is going to be better...So I definitely like seeing threat expressed as a value but there are points where that specific number is misleading. Second, and I don't know how you accomplish this, but it didn't seem like dps of a weapon seemed to be taken into account for the threat number even though it does have an affect if all other stats are the same a weapon with more dps will have more threat...so I guess you take a "base" dps number...maybe for the lowest dps weapon in the list (Sun Eater if I remember correctly)...and calculate a threat value for dps beyond that?

I dunno, just some thoughts I tend to ramble...

-tPaste

Quote Originally Posted by tPaste View Post
    I downloaded the spreadsheet, and all I had time to review was the gear list which was quite good. The only omission I noticed right away was I didn't see was a value for Blade of Life's Inevitability thrown weapon which I think seems to have awesome threat potential especially with the socket, but I'm not positive. There were some other thrown items and trinkets i'd like to see, but you accounted for a LOT of high end gear. Good job.

I only wondered about two things the spreadsheet which I didn't have time to try and figure out. One is how Expertise is calculated. The problem with it is it seems to me (for items at least) the raw threat number assumes any piece with expertise or hit are your only piece....Because clearly Expertise gives more threat up to 23 than it does after that, and there comes a point were you would be both expertise and hit capped where basically any other threat stat is going to be better...So I definitely like seeing threat expressed as a value but there are points where that specific number is misleading. Second, and I don't know how you accomplish this, but it didn't seem like dps of a weapon seemed to be taken into account for the threat number even though it does have an affect if all other stats are the same a weapon with more dps will have more threat...so I guess you take a "base" dps number...maybe for the lowest dps weapon in the list (Sun Eater if I remember correctly)...and calculate a threat value for dps beyond that?

I dunno, just some thoughts I tend to ramble...

-tPaste
    The SEP values are determined by adding 10 itemization points to each stat and then figuring out the delta TPS. If you were to select "None" for every item and then do the "Copy Gear"button and then "SEP" button, expertise would be valued twice as high as hit. Likewise, if you were to cap your expertise and then run the SEP it would be valued at 0.

When you click the "Copy Gear" button, a macro runs that copies and pastes every value from the gear spreadsheet. Every value is copied including weapon DPS. There was a version a while back that didn't update DPS but that was like 2.1 or something. DPS changes on my sheet every time.

Thanks for the comments =P

Added to guides directory.

+ Reply to Thread