+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finding the Expertise hard cap - post your results

Looking at the above data with the 57 expt and zero parries, i cant say as i like that data turnout much. The problem that i have with it is the number of swings the tank with 57 expt had compared to the others. He has between 30 and 90 less overall swings on all the data that was posted for the same bosses. This could be altering the data in a way that isnt beneficial because the number of swings vary too much.

At 44 Expertise

BT:

Najentus
    5 Parrys / 211 Attacks
    Wow Web Stats

Supremus
    18 Parrys / 365 Attacks
    Wow Web Stats

Statistically we can determine the margin of error based on the sample size, so don't discount smaller sample sizes as worthless; they add up.

I just did the Dragonhawk in ZA today.

With 52 expertise, I got a parry right off the bat on my SS for inital aggro Not sure how many times more it happened but that caught my eye for sure.

Im still trying to get with my GM so we can get some WWS records for ya when we do 25 mans.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

As a note to necro this thread:
    Elitist Jerks - View Single Post - The Protection Warrior Guide

Confirmed 13.75% parry on bosses, aka 55 expertise skill is cap.
    Edit: Fixed parry.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 08-04-2008 at 11:01 AM.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Actually the cap was confirmed via that post at 55 expertise (13.75% parry rate).
    Over 10000 swings with no parries at 55 expertise, and he has a very small number of parries in 5000 swings at 54 expertise.

Whoops! I read 13.75 but for some reason thought 14.25% LOL, sorry thanks for the clear up Crimson. Lawlz.

Yeah I personally still lack gear options to test incremental expertise values between 53 and 57, but the few results in this thread all agree with 55 being the cap.

This thread was also setup to try to determine whether the parry rate varied from one boss to the next. Penguin's tests are mostly all on Bloodlord Mandokir, so beleivers of the each boss his own parry rate theory can certainly say that his testing is lacking.

I personally prefer to think that bosses' parry rate is as likely to vary as their chance to be missed and their dodge chance - which is to say it probably doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few, rare exceptions to the rule, as is the case with crushing blows and crit rate here and there. However it's probably safe to say that prior indications of large variation in parry rates were mostly due to a lack of sufficient expertise gear to run accurate tests until recently.

The simple fact that a boss that was put in the game back in Classic WoW (Mandokir) has the same parry rate as the bosses we fight now in TBC tells me that the 13.75% rate is at the very least a default value and probably applies to the vast majority of bosses.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

If you keep reading the thread, there's actually data showing that any warrior with at least 13.75% parry reduction is not getting parried on any TBC boss encounters (ie, it's not just Bloodlord Mandokir, and it doesn't appear that any bosses have higher parry rates).

I think that pretty much seals the deal on that one.

Armstrong was agreeing that 13.75% seems to hold true. He just would like to test it on various bosses to confirm. even if just a handful.

+ Reply to Thread