+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New 70, turning tank

New 70, turning tank

Hi Everyone,

First off, thanks for the great site. Been lurking for a while now. The Pre-Kara gear list has been a huge help.

I *finally* dinged 70 last night, and I've made to decision to go full out tank (Much to the thrill of some guildmates - our guild hasn't had a full time tank for a while).

So, with that in mind I hung up my honed voidaxe and grabbed my sword and shield. I still need to go respec though. I'd love to get some advice about my gear and some possible upgrades. I started the SSO grind last night, to get the sword for tanking. (And I need to buy gems yet for my new armor)

The World of Warcraft Armory

PS - Not sure why outfitter left the Carrot in there. I have an attack power trinket in that slot most of the time.

Thanks!

Take a look at Polar's Pre-Kara list available on this site. That will cover comprehensively all your choices by slot to get you into Kara. At that point, you can also begin doing heroics for drops and to start gathering badges for further upgrades.

Some easy quick options are:
    - If Aldor, go buy Vindicator's Hauberk
    - Hit SSO Revered and get Inuuro's Blade, exalted and get Dawnforged Defender. Alternatively to the shield, grind some PvP BG honor and buy the S1 shield (or wait til S2 in a couple weeks when season 4 starts). My preference starting out is DD because of the defensive stats on it. Since you're a BS, think about crafting Fireguard/Blazefury for your weapon.
    - Get Gyro-Blasted Khorium Destroyer crafted or buy it on the AH.
    - Grind Keepers of Time rep and buy Timewarden's Leggings.

Daniel

Thanks Daniel!

Yeah, Polar's guide is what I've been working off of a bit since deciding to respec. I saved the time and aggravation of farming mats and plans and bought the Felsteel set.

As for making the swords... I specced axesmith. As an orc, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I appreciate the help!

No doubt, the first thing I did at 70 was buy Felsteel Helm and Gloves. I never saw the leggings on AH, but it didn't matter because I picked up Timewarden's Leggings anyway. That plus Vindicator's Hauberk lasted me for a good long while. I think the Felsteel helm was actually the last blue I replaced, first with Eternium and then with Tankatronic a week later.

If you're an orc, definitely axes are the way to roll for the racial, I didn't even think of that so that's my bad.

Daniel

+ Reply to Thread