+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlord vs Stocism

Warlord vs Stocism

Chestguard of the Warlord - Item - World of Warcraft
    Chestplate of Stoicism - Item - World of Warcraft

My guild almost has Zul'jin down (phase 4) so pretty soon I'll have access to Chestguard of the Warlord, but I have more than 150 badges sitting in my inventory and I'm debating whether or not I should get the Chestplate of Stoicism or just start working on my Fury set. Which chest piece is better overall? Warlord or Stocism?

do you have all of the other pieces of badge tanking gear mentioned here:
    The Badge Pick Order: 2.4 Edition - Warriors - TankingTips.com

If you do, then sure grab the stoicism, but having the warlord is good too because of the hit it gives. But if another tank could use the warlord give it to them and stick with the stoicism.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Philmac View Post
    Chestguard of the Warlord - Item - World of Warcraft
    Chestplate of Stoicism - Item - World of Warcraft

My guild almost has Zul'jin down (phase 4) so pretty soon I'll have access to Chestguard of the Warlord, but I have more than 150 badges sitting in my inventory and I'm debating whether or not I should get the Chestplate of Stoicism or just start working on my Fury set. Which chest piece is better overall? Warlord or Stocism?

well if your thinking of starting a fury set then i would get the Stoicism, you can always pick up warlord if it drops and if you fill it with +15 stam gems its a nice piece when you need to boost your health but have you also considered some of the other tanking pieces avaliable or even FR gear which you will need for t6 content.
    Nom Nom NOM =D

I'd like to blow some life into this forgotten discussion. I recently got the Chestguard of the Warlord from Zul'jin, and I already acquired the Chestplate of Stoicism, and I'm a little bit in doubt at the moment.

The stats on both pieces summarize as follows (supposing +15 sta gems in all sockets)

Warlord:
    + 12 stamina
    + 6 dodge rating
    + 26 hit rating

Stoicism:
    + 24 defense rating
    + 39 block value

I'm wondering if the +26 hit is better than the +39 block value. If so, I think I might make Stoicism my avoidance piece and Warlord my EH (and threat) piece. What do you think?
    If I die and you yet live, it is an expected sacrifice.

so long as you're below the hit cap (142) then the warlord will provide more threat while the stoicism will provide more avoidance.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Add in 100 armor to Stoicism.

I was a Stoicism man. Though I never saw Warlords drop. But I still would have used Stoicism.

Stoecism has 100 more armor as well

EDIT: Someone beat me to it

Stoicism for avoidance, Warlord for threat.

As for EH, it depends how you want to gem warlord. You can throw in 15sta gems and make it a stronger EH piece, or you can throw in some 10hit gems and make it an even stronger threat piece than it already is.

The choice is up to you.

i personally like the zul'jin chest better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have stocism and I want the warlord but I'd use both. Having said that, just because you kill Zul'Jin doesn't mean you are getting warlord anytime soon. stocism might help kill him. I'd spend the badges on stocism anyway.

So is the general idea that for progression tanking, or just for new content basically, use the badge chest?

And if I'm just running through heroics or kara, I can use the warlord?

I'm faced w/ this exact same question... and I've seen it discussed elsewhere, but I still can't seem to formulate my own answer.

I've had the badge chest for a while now, and the Warlord's chest just dropped for me last night. I have all the other badge gear already too.

What I'm gearing is... 15 stam in badge, use for 'harder' stuff... and hit in warlord and use for trash?

The way I've seen it best described is that you use the piece as what its intended for, and you gem/enchant to play to the strengths of that item. If the warlord is a threat piece, then make it an all out threat piece, if the badge chest works for you for EH, then gem it for EH.
    I'm so tanky I get up at 5:40 in the morning.

+ Reply to Thread