+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to gem savage plate?

How to gem savage plate?

OK so I will break down and try to grind some honor in BGs to try to replace my crappy tank shoulders (you know which ones). My only PvP gear is the [item]Savage Plate Battlegear[/item] set*, and I am clueless as to how I should be gemming it.

First - can I get away with uncommon gems, or do I need to splurge for rare?

Second - ok, which gems? AP, Crit, Resilience? I am assuming I am not going to reach Dreasus' recommended numbers in this set . . .

*The only gemmable pieces are:
    [item]Savage Plate Chestpiece[/item]
    [item]Savage Plate Helm[/item]
    [item]Savage Plate Shoulders[/item]

Thanks for your advice . . .

basically, if you can afford it stick 8 str in any red slot, and 4str/4crit in any yellow slot. You can't go wrong with that setup, and it'll help you hit like a dump truck.

if you can't afford that, then sure grab the 6 str and 3crit/4str gems, those aren't as bad either, and you're losing minimal stats, but if you can afford it, definitely grab the blue gems.

DO NOT buy the stupid ones from the vendor, those are worthless and for the same price you can probably get the green gems.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'm a fan of throwing in two of the +5 str/+6 stam Purples to activate the +12 agility/3% crit damage meta's too.

that's assuming you go that route.

For PvP i found having the 24 ap + run speed meta allows me to grab the surefooted enchant to reach the hitcap for 2handers easier, AND the 5% snare resist has proven useful rather than 3% more damage and some extra crit/armor.

Greens: 6str in reds, 3crit/3str in yellows, and 3str/4sta in blues if the socket bonus is worth going for (it rarely is)

Blues: 8str in reds, 4crit/4str in yellows, 4str/6sta in blues if you're going for the socket bonus.

Once you have nothing left to spend your honor points on, don't forget about the 20ap red, 10ap/5crit orange, and 10crit yellow gems (about 21k honor for all three).

why not STA or resilence/sta ?
    I bought those and now I feel like I shouldnīt have...

well, sta is useful too but if you can't kill, you're not gonna be very useful. Lots of the resilience you obtain will come from gear not from gems, you're wearing plate, you don't need to stack stam or resil as much as casters do.

some warriors do and successfully gem str/stam and crit/stam to push their survivability higher, but unless you're doing exclusively 5v5s in arenas, having that much survivability at the expense of damage is gonna be detrimental. Just put up the gems back on the auction house, maybe you'll make some money instead heh. and go for the ones myself and curnguz have, or you can try your own style and go with sta/resil but i assure you you'll die probably just as fast but you'll not kill anything in the meantime if you go that route too early into your gearing.

well, sta is useful too but if you can't kill, you're not gonna be very useful. Lots of the resilience you obtain will come from gear not from gems, you're wearing plate, you don't need to stack stam or resil as much as casters do.

some warriors do and successfully gem str/stam and crit/stam to push their survivability higher, but unless you're doing exclusively 5v5s in arenas, having that much survivability at the expense of damage is gonna be detrimental. Just put up the gems back on the auction house, maybe you'll make some money instead heh. and go for the ones myself and curnguz have, or you can try your own style and go with sta/resil but i assure you you'll die probably just as fast but you'll not kill anything in the meantime if you go that route too early into your gearing.

What are these snares you speak of Kazey? *pally flex*

+ Reply to Thread