+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evaluate My Tanks (druid, paladin, warrior)

Evaluate My Tanks (druid, paladin, warrior)

I was simply wanting advice on where I would be able to tank given my current gear sets/stats/etc. I've been a healer for almost 3 years (with paladin) and recently switched him to protection. I've been trying to throw together the best gear I can obtain, and it's a beginning work in progress. Thus, I've come here for advice and input as to what I can do with my current gear set.

What is the "upper limit" with my current setups? I will be adding the Protector Boots and Belt of the Guardian in the next few days (once I finish rounding up mats to have them crafted) on my paladin. I would also like similar input and advice on both my prot warrior and feral druid. However, I am mostly concerned with upgrading my paladin as I consider him to be my main character.

Thanks in advance

Republic -70 Human Paladin
    Defeat - 70 Human Warrior
    Varsity - 70 Night Elf Druid
    Last edited by Republic; 06-09-2008 at 05:01 AM.

Are you in a raiding guild? Are you able to run Karazhan? And, do you have an [item]Badge of Justice[/item] saved up?
    Armory! And when Armory is down... Warcrafter!

Bloody knuckles, carving the path to freedom.

Are you in a raiding guild? Are you able to run Karazhan? And, do you have an [item]Badge of Justice[/item] saved up? I can't give you much insite on the Furl Drood tank because I have little knowledge of them. I will give you what I can on the Pally and Warrior though.

Republic:

Blacksmithing upgrades:
    [item]Oathkeeper's Helm[/item]
    [item]Belt of the Guardian[/item]
    [item]Gauntlets of the Iron Tower[/item]
    [item]Boots of the Protector[/item]
    [item]Eternium Runed Blade[/item]

Reputation upgrades:
    [item]Violet Signet of the Great Protector[/item] (if you have access to Karazhan)
    [item]Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve[/item]

[item]Badge of Justice[/item] upgrades:
    [item]Inscribed Legplates of the Aldor[/item]
    [item]Brooch of Deftness[/item]
    [item]Slikk's Cloak of Placation[/item]
    [item]Libram of Repentance[/item]
    [item]Girdle of the Protector[/item]
    [item]Ring of Unyielding Force[/item]
    [item]Ring of the Stalwart Protector[/item]
    [item]Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600[/item] For a threat set.

Auction House upgrades:
    [item]Band of Impenetrable Defenses[/item]
    [item]Darkmoon Card: Vengeance[/item] Nice stam and threat on here for you. The proc is effected by your spell power.

Heroic Upgrades:
    [item]Commendation of Kael'thas[/item] 57 Stam and an avoidance proc.

Thats about all I can think of atm for your Pally. If I knew what heroics or raids you have access to on him I could maybe come up with a little more.

-------------------------------------------

Defeat:

Blacksmithing upgrades:
    [item]Helm of the Stalwart Defender[/item] Very cheap and easy to get crafted!
    [item]Belt of the Guardian[/item]
    [item]Gauntlets of the Iron Tower[/item]
    [item]Bracers of the Green Fortress[/item]
    [item]Red Havoc Boots[/item] BoP, would need Blacksmithing for.

Engineering upgrades:
    [item]Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item]

Reputation upgrades:
    [item]Inuuro's Blade[/item]
    [item]Violet Signet of the Great Protector[/item] (if you have access to Karazhan)
    [item]Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve[/item]

[item]Badge of Justice[/item] upgrades:
    [item]Chestplate of Stoicism[/item]
    [item]Sunguard Legplates[/item]
    [item]Girdle of the Fearless[/item]
    [item]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx[/item]
    [item]Brooch of Deftness[/item]
    [item]Slikk's Cloak of Placation[/item]
    [item]Ring of Unyielding Force[/item]
    [item]Ring of the Stalwart Protector[/item]
    [item]Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600[/item] For a threat set.

Auction House upgrades:
    [item]Band of Impenetrable Defenses[/item]
    [item]Darkmoon Card: Vengeance[/item]

Heroic Upgrades:
    [item]Commendation of Kael'thas[/item] 57 Stam and an avoidance proc.

Hope this helps out some. Its about everything I can think of for now. :P
    Armory! And when Armory is down... Warcrafter!

Bloody knuckles, carving the path to freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchamire View Post
    Are you in a raiding guild? Are you able to run Karazhan? And, do you have an [item]Badge of Justice[/item] saved up?
    Thanks for the response(s). However, I'm afraid I wasn't clear enough in my original post. I was asking for an evaluation on tanking success with regard to running heroics and things like that. I didn't really need a gear listing, as I have a "wish list" pretty much already made.

I am looking for opinions from more experienced tanks as to what my current gear sets might allow me to do with successful results (i.e. which instances I can run, which ones I should avoid, etc.).

To answer your questions, no I am not currently in a raid guild. That said, I should also point out that I literally just transferred my paladin back to his original realm the other day for the purposes of rejoining an old raiding guild. So yes, I will have access to Kara and beyond in the next day or two. Their progression is Kara 12/12, Gruul 2/2, Zul'Aman 3/6, SSC 5/6, TK 2/4, Hyjal 1/5, and BT 1/11. So, I'll have that at my disposal soon.

I haven't tanked a single heroic thus far, but I have gotten a few badges from doing dailies, etc. I plan to use my first badge redemption on the Libram of Repentance.

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks.

The only char I feel comfortable giving advice on is your War. Your gear looks good for all regular instances except mabye Shattered Halls. As far as heroics, ones that may give you a hard time are CoT heros, Arc, SL, MgT, and of course Shattered Halls. Not that they won't be possible, just really difficult. For starter heros, Slave pens, Mech (skipping nethermancer sepethrea and mabye coming back for her after you down Pathaleaon if you have a strong ranged party), Ramps, Underbog, Steamvaults, and Botanica are some of my favorites for badge runs. Just keep in mind that they are labled heroic for a reason. and they will not suffer any fools. I would avoid PuG's like the plague till you are geared well enough to carry a few idiots thru an instance. Best advice I can give you is to learn the instances like the back of your hand. Know what your group is capable of and mark appropriately.

+ Reply to Thread