+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2.4 How to Gear a Feral Tank in Outlands

I've never liked pimphats, but more seriously it's a trade off: Using a +18 stam, +5% stun resist gem in the Dragonhide, then a +12 stam gem, you're looking at 51 stam to the stylin' purple hat's 45. Dragonhide only has 22 agi to the purple hat's 48, but it has 22 strength and 21 resilience. It also has more int which will let you powershift more. If you have your 2pc set bonus, it becomes 56 resilience, which will let you replace your clefthide with badge gear early on without losing crit immunity. Lastly, dragonhide has more armor in bear form. not much but a little.

I just think the dragonhide is better itemized for tanking, even if it's theoretical mitigation isn't as high. Whatever floats your boat tho', tanking is personal style and preference.

In summary... you'd be giving up 1.4% dodge to gain more threat and crit immunity, and a little mana. I think this is one of those places where avoidance gearing "too soon" actually hurts you, but your mileage may vary.

I see what you are saying, but the only +18 Stam Gem I know of is the Falling Star.

It is a BOP Jewlcrafting gem. For non-JC types it is not an option.

Your only other option is the +15 stam unique equipped Eye of the Sea - Item - World of Warcraft.

Good luck finding that one when you are just hitting level 70.

The +12 is the most reasonable, especially for beginning 70 people.

With the meta-gem, another expensive item; the Dragon hide has just 6 additional stam with the 5% stun resist.

The purple hat has and a +26 agility over the Dragonhide. Agi helps more than just dodge. Our armor, crit and dodge all are boosted by agi.

You are right about the dodge, but you forgot that you get +1% crit for that much agi. Also you get another 26 armor (not multiplied by dire bear )

You are correct. It is a personal preference. I prefer the +26 agi, cheaper cost and blazing style of the purple hat. If I get my hands on some very nice gems, I would defiantly switch. I would just hope to have some epics by the time I get those gems.

I would get the dragonhide, and keep it for my Cat set. It is much better when stacked for DPS than the pimp hat.

the 18 stam gem I mentioned was the meta gem, not the JC gem. I was assuming meta + 12 stam.

But again, I don't value 26 agi that much. I also found the dragonhide helm cheaper than the purple hat, but that varies drastically based on the availability of leather (I do not have skinning.)

when it comes time to go from clefthoof straight to T6 grade badge gear, you'll be losing a ~ton~ of defense rating and gaining in it's place a metric ton of agi. Those are practically at the top of Emmerald's list in their respective catagories and the resilience from the dragonhide gear makes it possible to wear them and stay crit immune.

In the end it's whatever works for ya.

Two piece reputation PVP
    I have a total of 10 arena matches under my belt, and have never sniffed a BG. Thus, I have no clue what this is. Can I get an explanation please?

Each of the Reputation vendors (Lower City, Thrallmar, Cenarion Expedition, Sha'tar, etc) sell a piece of "pvp" gear for gold once you reach the appropriate reputation level.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

It's blue quality PVP gear that you can buy at "honored" reputation. It's basically "pre-S1" and all it costs is gold. You can get "honored" to buy the gear through questing or instancing, so you don't have to spend a minute in a BG if you don't want to.

Which is why I listed it over the S2 gear in the first place - I hate BGs.

My feral made it to OL last night! I did some questing and got the Jerkin chest. Its pretty awesome.

I was still a noob when I get to OL last time, but this time im cutting through quests like butter.

The Heavy Clfthoof 3 peice set is not longer good now that the patch has come out and the huge armor bonus is no longer there.

+ Reply to Thread