Plump Prot Princess
I'm looking for some feedback regarding my current gear & spec as well as my thought process for gear I would like to get. I am utilized a LOT as an OT in T5 content instances.
Emelie's Armory Link
I think I need to increase my Hit and Expertise dramatically. I just increased my Parry about 2% but this caused my Block to drop about 3%. I am thinking of replacing the Agi on my cloak with Dodge or Armor. I am currently restocking badges after purchasing Sunguard Legplates & Chestplate of Stoicism.
Gear I am currently working to acquire:
Mallet of the Tides
Seventh Ring of the Tirisfalen or Ring of Sundered Souls
Any comments will be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Emelie; 08-24-2008 at 10:22 AM.
I am currently at 88 Hit and 28 Expertise. Be Imba! says I am "Overcapped Expertise" but I believe that is just the "Soft Cap." I believe the numbers to aim for are 142 Hit and 80 Expertise (not expecting to hit these numbers, just shoot for them) if I am not mistaken.
I just purchased the Girdle of the Fearless and am working towards the Bonefist Gauntlets. Running Heroic Magister's nightly for the Shard of Contempt as well as ZA as often as possible.
What is a good number for Block %? At one time I was at 30+% but as I have tuned Emelie's other stats (Dodge/Parry/Expertise/Hit), this number has dropped to 25+%.
Finally got the Bonefist Gauntlets! Hit is up to 122 with Expertise still at 28. Block has dropped to about 23%. As soon as I get a little lucky in ZA, my Block should go right back above 25%.
You don't need your block to go over 25% unless you're tanking Illidan or tanking multiple mobs in an AE tanking set (ie, shield spike on the sporegar shield and wearing a 40%+ SBV outfit). Your block rating is essentially a worthless stat as a protection-specced warrior, since shield block will push your block rating up 75%, and your dodge+parry+miss chance are over 25% in and of themselves. The only other time it's worth looking at shield block rating is if you're building a passive uncrushable set, which is largely a gimmick with little practical value.
The target expertise skill you want to aim for is around 60, not 80. You are correct, though, that BeImba is claiming you don't need any higher than 23 skill, which is the soft-cap for tanks (and the hard-cap for melee DPSers).
Thanks for the reply and the info. You can really notice a difference (at least I can) with the upgrades that add Hit and Expertise. Hopefully ZA will be kind tonight as Lurker and MgT were not last week. I'll have enough Badges for Slikk's Cloak of Placation after this ZA!
On a side note, my guild killed Vashj for the first time (2 Shot) last night and then killed Antheron for the first time (1 Shot) to follow it up! It was a good night!
Finally got the Shard of Contempt Woot!
gratz! i still don't have one =(
I forgot to tell a good friend who is a rogue and came on the run that the whole reason for going was for me to get the Shard and he rolled against me. *cries*
Thankfully I won it but now I have to keep going until he gets one! At least it will give me more chances at the Netherforce Chestplate.