+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glove choices and variations

Glove choices and variations

Firstly, a couple of things, the guild i'm apart of made a concious desicion to only raid 10 man encounters. So my gear goals as a tank are simply ZA/Kara and the occasional Gruuls/Mag Pug.

Secondly, i've spent considerable time listening to the TS podcasts and reading around. Theres plenty of posts from people asking about gear so i've tried to do all the thinking myself, basically i'm looking for comfirmation that i've made the correct gear choices and if not, then where I went wrong.

Armory Link

Incase armorys dead stats are (all unbuffed)

16794 Hp
    18653 Armor
    517 Defense
    21.74% Dodge
    17.57% Parry
    16.68% Block
    92 Hit
    27 Expertise

Now I've got almost all the badge gear upgrades I can, I'm currently working towards the 60 for Ring of the Stalwart Protector - Item - World of Warcraft Which would provide a good EH and Dodge bonus.

Being restrained to KZ and ZA, my three glove choices then are

Bonefist Gauntlets - Item - World of Warcraft
    Warbringer Handguards - Item - World of Warcraft
    Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden - Item - World of Warcraft

Now I'd like to have 1 set of gloves for threat and one for more damage intensive fights

Really only the bonefist and the maiden gloves are suitable for threat.
    Two + hit gems would give decent hit and SBV to the maiden glove while still having decent stamina/armor. Alternitivly the same hit gems in bonefist would have heaps of +hit.

I tended to lean towards +hit in maiden gauntlets for the sbv, as my hit rating isnt too bad right now. Which ever gloves become threat will get 2% threat enchant.

The next problem then becomes which glvoes for more painful encounters.

The warbringer handguards hold a certain attraction. Esp considering i plan on picking up the shoulders from the weekly gruuls pug I tank in. I'm not sure how good the bonus is.

The other obvious solution to damage encounters is 2x 12 or 15 stam gems in either of the socketable gloves.

From where i'd stand, I'd take the Maiden Gauntlets as Threat glvoes and the Warbringer hand guards as more damage heavy encounter gloves.

Thoughts? Any helps appreciated.

I would suggest:
    [item]Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden[/item] with +8 Hit gems for your Threat set.
    [item]Bonefist Gauntlets[/item] with +12 Stam gems for your EH set.

Though, to be honest, I do think that [item]Bonefist Gauntlets[/item] with +12 Stam gems and +2% Threat enchant would make a very sexy all around pair of tank gloves. I plan on getting them eventually and using them for my main set once I am done getting other things with my badges. If you just want one solid pair of gloves for most encounters and can make up for the loss of defense in that slot, I would suggest giving it a try too.
    Armory! And when Armory is down... Warcrafter!

Bloody knuckles, carving the path to freedom.

Hmm thanks for the suggestions. More food for thought.

From where i'd stand, I'd take the Maiden Gauntlets as Threat glvoes and the Warbringer hand guards as more damage heavy encounter gloves.
    Please no.

Bonefist Gauntlets are superior to both items for both purposes. More Armor, more effective health, and regardless of how "not bad" your HR is, 21 HR is far superior to 38 BV for threat generation.

Bonefist Gauntlets, 2% Threat, +15 STA, +5 Dodge/Parry +6 STA

Go ahead and bank your Maiden's Gloves. You might want to play around with a gimmicky SBV set some day, but for the love of God don't wear them instead of Bonefist. That would be... Boneheaded? *rim shot*

Bonefist Gauntlets are the best by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelaula View Post
    18653 Armor
    I think you switched the 6 and the 8 ;p still nice gear, and as they said Bonefist > both.

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    I think you switched the 6 and the 8 ;p still nice gear, and as they said Bonefist > both.
    Absolutly, failed at typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchuk
    Bonefist Gauntlets are superior to both items for both purposes. More Armor, more effective health, and regardless of how "not bad" your HR is, 21 HR is far superior to 38 BV for threat generation.

Bonefist Gauntlets, 2% Threat, +15 STA, +5 Dodge/Parry +6 STA

Go ahead and bank your Maiden's Gloves. You might want to play around with a gimmicky SBV set some day, but for the love of God don't wear them instead of Bonefist. That would be... Boneheaded? *rim shot*
    Thanks for the help folks. Guess i've just always underrated [item]Bonefist Gauntlets[/item]. Looking at them in more detail, they reallly are pretty good. So i'll be grabbing them before I get the ring.

As for gemming, I suppose with that particular socket bonus, it comes to whether or not 5stam is worth 5 dodge

-eve
    Last edited by Evelaula; 06-10-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks for all your help. I Got the gloves, and also managed to pick up t4 shoulders at a Pug Gruuls run. Yay, though the shoulders arent porperly gemed properly. Just chucked some out of my bank into it for the magtheridon pug.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Current Stats are

17256 HP
    17027 Armor
    6.64% Miss
    22.03% Dodge
    18.80% Parry
    100 Hit
    27 Expertise

I'm now working towards the last badge item, [item]Ring of the Stalwart Protector[/item]. WIth that ring my bare HP will sit around 17500 which gives me some options with regards to gemming.

I'm just thinking at this point, with 17000-17500 life unbuffed if it isnt time to start thinking about poping some dodge gems in. As my avoidance isnt overly high, 52.47%.

Some items like [item]Bonefist Gauntlets[/item] which i'd gemed with 2x 15 stamina could easily be re-gemed to 10 dodge and 19 stamina (with socket bonus).

The Same applys to [item]Sunguard Legplates[/item] which have a 3 dodge socket bonus and [item]Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item] with its 3 stamina bonus.

I still value my high stam and resonable armor but regeming those few items in that way would push me to 24.22% dodge 18.96% parry and 6.8% miss while maintaining 17000 life or more and at 17500 armor. I'm also still waiting for [item]Boots of Elusion[/item] to drop.
    Last edited by Evelaula; 06-15-2008 at 05:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread