+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which to pick now

Which to pick now

I need some advice; (granted upgrade are not critical as I don't raid full time, I'm just maximizing this toons performance If in case I start raiding full time on it).

Essentially my next aim for badges is either the badge belt or the Badge ring.
    (would consider getting the badge neck, but its not a priority just yet)

Whilst the ring will provide an excellent addition to my overall avoidance, the extra expertise and hit rating is an excellent bonus to my overall threat generation.
    I can see how getting the neck would also be beneficial as it also has good expertise and a good chunk of hit rating
    Overall I'm not sure what I'm lacking more, Hit rating and Expertiese or avoidance.

(I recently picked up Enchanting so at a later date, I can enchant my rings for the extra stamina)

The World of Warcraft Armory
    Armory link

Quote Originally Posted by Danielmi View Post
    I need some advice; (granted upgrade are not critical as I don't raid full time, I'm just maximizing this toons performance If in case I start raiding full time on it).

Essentially my next aim for badges is either the badge belt or the Badge ring.
    (would consider getting the badge neck, but its not a priority just yet)

Whilst the ring will provide an excellent addition to my overall avoidance, the extra expertise and hit rating is an excellent bonus to my overall threat generation.
    I can see how getting the neck would also be beneficial as it also has good expertise and a good chunk of hit rating
    Overall I'm not sure what I'm lacking more, Hit rating and Expertiese or avoidance.

(I recently picked up Enchanting so at a later date, I can enchant my rings for the extra stamina)

The World of Warcraft Armory
    Armory link
    i would go for the badge neck first, you'll find it difficult to replace anytime soon, after that go for the belt but picking all this badge gear up will cause you to loose a lot of avoidance which imo is the best thing about being a tank. I wouldn't worry about enchanting, you have a lot of health from those two trinkets.

Other possibilities are upping your avoidance by re-geming and re-enchanting your head. Get the 10% shield block value meta and the aldor/scryer head enchant. You'll gain a fair bit of overal avoidance and loose very little eh.
    Nom Nom NOM =D

I think you are more than good on expertise atm. You have 6.4% reduction of Dodges/Parrys. You only need (I believe) 6.5% to remove Dodge from the combat table for a level 73 boss. From that point I would suggesting aiming for more Hit. Yes Expertise is still good, but until you are at +9% Hit, you can still miss with your specials. Any Expertise you stack after that is fine though, you will only push more Parry off the table, wich is both mitigation and threat for you.

As far as your avoidance goes. Its good percentage wise, but I would suggest seeing if you could round it out more, ie 20% in all three categories (dodge/parry/block). High shield block is great because you get rage when you block, thus its more threat, but having 40% chance of taking no damage at all is pretty bad ass seeing how your a tank and your job is to mitigate as much damage dealt to you as possible. Not to mention you still get rage from parrying. Just a thought.

In order of lacking:
    Hit > Avoidance (balanced Avoidance rather) > Expertise

Anyways, I would aim for the following in this order:

[item]Brooch of Deftness[/item]
    [item]Girdle of the Fearless[/item]
    [item]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx[/item]
    [item]Bonefist Gauntlets[/item]
    [item]Ring of the Stalwart Protector[/item]

That gives you three solid pieces of gear with Hit on them, and four pieces with Expertise, thus adding to your over all threat and the Expertise also adding to avoidance by removing more Parry from the combat table. The total defense from the first three pieces will give you more than enough to sacrafice the defense on the Maiden gauntlets to grab the Bonefist for more hit. Then finally you can get the ring which has more armor, stam, and avoidance. Not to mention all the added defense on these above pieces will add to your over all avoidance.

That leaves you with:
    96 Hit Rating
    6.11% Hit (total)
    88 Expertise Rating
    28 Expertise (including 3/3 Defiance, rounded down)
    7% -Dodge/Parry

Anyways, I hope this helps some.

PS Keep your [item]Band of Determination[/item] for a threat set even if you deside to get [item]Ring of the Stalwart Protector[/item]. Also, go 15 stam gems for legs and belt. They will be the best you get pre SWP. :P
    Last edited by Alchamire; 06-08-2008 at 03:48 AM.
    Armory! And when Armory is down... Warcrafter!

Bloody knuckles, carving the path to freedom.

+ Reply to Thread