+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Badge loot

First Badge loot

I'm a fairly new lvl 70 tank and guildless cuz I work a lot and at odd hours. I still like to tank and it's been really hard for me to get Heroic groups cuz I'm in all blues... My question is this, now that I have 36 badges, should I go ahead and start upgrading or wait till 50 or 60 badges for a huge upgrade? I'm thinking the badge shield will be my first item I buy but the Brooch of Deftness has been calling my name for a while.... The only complaint I have with the shield, is it's not a stam upgrade just armor and I get grief about only having 12k hp

The World of Warcraft Armory

Badge shield is largely outdated with the SSO Rep shield. I would check out Vene's blog on items to purchase and what order though:

The Badge Pick Order: 2.4 Edition - Warriors - TankingTips.com

He's got a good assessment of what to buy in what order and why.

I would seriously recommend passing up the badge shield and neck for now, and work on getting exalted with SSO (if you aren't already). The SSO Shield and Neck are very comparable to the badge pieces, and that would allow you to spend your badges on other great tanking pieces.

Cool, thanks for that link but I think that kinda assumes you have a steady flow of Heroic runs. On my current server, it's hard to get heroic groups with the gear I have now so I was looking to get a few upgrades rq just to boost my stats some. The groups I do get usually work out fine, but I do get my fair share of complaints when it comes to my tanking gear.

~~ Looks like I should start farming some rep... I'm very very far from exalted

It isn't that tough to get to Exalted. Start running some Regular MgT's, and do at least all the Isle dailies every day. It's GREAT money (100-200g a day in about an hour, tops) and the Exalted rewards are definitely worth it for a tank in Blues.

Well, first step as said, get the SSO Shield and Neck, big items threat and stats wise. I'd then save your badges up for the Belt, it's an *incredible* item to tank with. All three of those items come with a nice chunk of stam to help you out. Another huge upgrade for stam you can look at is the [item]Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item], it's a beefy gun with lots of stam to make you happy.

Edit I noticed you are Aldor, if you have defense problems from the shield/neck (you will) get the [item]Vindicator's Hauberk[/item]
    Last edited by Muggs; 06-05-2008 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Typos >.<

If you absolutely want to buy a badge item, cloak or bracers. They will last almost forever and for relatively low badge prices, they provide very quick upgrades to get you some epics.

The badge shield is almost worthless, the S1/S2 PvP shield and the SSO shield are all better options and the Shatar shield is almost as good and much easier to get (via rep). Also with the SSO neck and badge neck being very similar, I would work rep to get the SSO shield and neck too.

I understand where you're coming from, it's hard to get a stable badge income going with real life stuff and people on your realm not willing to give you a chance, but that makes your badges all the more precious. If you're playing but can't get a heroic group, farm the SSO rep through dailies, or do regular MgT. Also depending on your professions, look at crafteds as an option in some spots. And while the chestplate and legs are a huge upgrade and last a good long while as well, look at how many different upgrades you could add in to the mix with the badges they would cost.

Daniel

*** warning thread hijack ***

How geared up do you have to be for regular MgT? Is it on par with the "easy" heroics or a step below?

thanks!

I'd say definitely on par with the "easy" heroics. The second boss is definitely a strain on your healer, and if you don't have plenty of (skilled) CC, you'll be tanking a few hard-hitting mobs at once on some of the pulls.

+ Reply to Thread