+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best badge upgrades (Fury)?

Best badge upgrades (Fury)?

So I just went back to DW Fury for the first time since AQ40. I think the armory is down, so I'll try to give as accurate a description of my gear as possible.

I'm currently at (unbuffed in 'Zerk stance) 2000 AP, 33.4% crit, 10.2% hit (including precision) and 540 ArP.

This is using 5/5 S3, S3 Sword MH and S3 Fist OH. Serpentshrine Shuriken, Dory's, SSO Aldor neck, RBoB, Vind Bracers, Warboots of Obliteration, S3 Ring + Mithril Band of the Unscarred, Shard of Contempt and Bloodlust Brooch.

Obviously my +Hit is lacking, but I'm at the point where I'm getting the least return from adding more +Hit.

So what badge upgrades would you recommend? I'm currently thinking the ring first (Angelista's Revenge) and possibly the leather boots next (Nyn'jah's Tabi Boots). I've also been told that the plate badge legs would be a good upgrade over S3, but I'm having a hard time seeing that--I was under the impression that Haste was about on par with Hit--not really worth sacrificing other stats for it.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and thanks for being a great resource for nubs like myself.
    Last edited by Spartikus; 06-05-2008 at 09:30 AM.

Sounds like your thinking is perfect, I would go Ring, then boots. I would not worry about badge pants, I think the armor penetration on the S3 is worth a lot more than the haste.

Thanks for the quick response.

Other than the boots and the ring, my biggest area of concern is my Shoulders--S3 are not well itemized at all for DPS. Are there any upgrades that are fairly easy to obtain?

I would say the Ripfiend ones from Doom Lord Khazzak, the badge ones are not very impressive.

Another totally random question--with my stats, what level of progression can I expect to be able to contribute at? I left my raiding guild about 6 months ago to make a super casual PvP guild with some friends, and I don't want to push myself back in somewhere that I won't be valuable.

I'd love to jump right into some T6 content, but is that totally unrealistic with my gear as-is?

I'm doing T6 content in a little less gear than you have. I was brought in as a tank, they ended up with an extra tank and I went DPS. I'm usually able to be in the top 5 for DPSing now, and I keep climbing as I get better.

Well that's encouraging!

For my shoulders, how would Swiftsteel compare? Looking at the Fury gear ranking thread, they're listed as the best non-raiding DPS shoulders. Is that really true? I'm just so wary of any piece that gives a lot of its itemization to Haste, I guess.

swiftsteel are okay, if you can get into a t6 guild and do hyjal, the rainbow shoulders are pretty sexy.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

With the added bonus of looking like a Chinese holiday, of course.

Yeah, I'm hoping I can squeeze into a t6 guild in the near future--at least one that will take me along for ezmode Hyjal kills. I just want to be as geared/prepared as possible before I app, so that its an easy decision to let me in. I hear Fury warrior's aren't exactly in high demand, or scarce.

Anyone have any thoughts on how the leather boots of Kael in heroic MgT compare to Warboots of Obliteration? Giving up AP and some Crit for a decent amount of ArP and a socket.

Ninja Stabby Boots > Obliteration > Kael boots

Good to know. I've got the Kael boots sittin in my bank, I didn't really feel like gemming and enchanting them anyway.

But now I've gotta find 2 gem slots where I can toss in a purple or green gem so that I can swap my Meta out for RED, QQ.

Aren't their some heroic drop gems that are like strength and hit? I hate gemming stam on a dps warrior, I am sure there is an alternative somewhere if you are willing to do the legwork to find it.

I think the Str+Hit gems from heroics are Orange, but I could be wrong. I haven't seen any way around gemming for stam to activate the Meta.

Alright well since this thread has been a great success so far, I'll keep tossing out random questions.

For those of you who are in T6 content/gear, how much is threat a limiting factor on your DPS? At 60 it was by far the biggest limitation, but with the new Imp. Berserker Stance and the greater rate at which tank's threat has scaled, is it still a major issue?

I ask mainly because I still have a [item]Fetish of the Sand Reaver[/item] sitting in my bank. At 60 this was the holy grail of DPS trinkets, but I haven't seen anyone use it now at 70 (even though it's still % based, not a static number).
    Last edited by Spartikus; 06-05-2008 at 12:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread