+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SBV or Hit?

SBV or Hit?

So I'm trying to build up my threat against mobs. I feel like my tps should be higher than it is.

I'm confused as to whether I should stack SBV or hit. With my options, it seems hard to stack both. I think I'm diluting my threat by trying to balance both.

Chestplate of Stoicism (has SBV) or the ZA chest (has hit)? I have both.

Maiden's Gauntlets (has SBV) or Bonefist Gauntlets (has hit)? I am buying the Bonefists Gauntlets today. I will put threat on either Maiden's or Bonefist depending on the responses.

Here's my link: The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanks for your help.

hit > sbv threat until you reach the 9% hit cap.

But I feel like most people will say the stoicism chest is better than Zul'jin chest, but i'd probably use zul'jin for threat.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/theor...-new-post.html

There is a spread sheet iv created to work out my threat, For me, Unless iv missed something, I find 25 SBV UNTALENTED = 16 Hit Rating ( 1% hit), or close to it, though this could be affected by weapon speed. The Yellow boxes are the ones that will need to have your input.

This is without using the new SBV meta.

Have a look and play and see if it helps. Though as i said, Not had anyone else check it yet, so could have errors still, so please don't take as gospel.
    Regards,

Silthias
    Last edited by Silthias; 06-04-2008 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Wrong comparrison numbers, corrected

ive had it both ways, in previous gear i had over 800 block value and that was before the block value meta. in mostly t6 with azgalor's chest i had 9% hit and only 400 to 500 bv. now i have less hit (about 6% to 7%) and more bv (about 650) with 5/8 t6 and i gota tell you i seem to put out more threat with less hit and more bv. that may also be due to the bv meta and 4pc t6 bonus. bv just seems to provide much better snap agro and long term agro. i would shoot for at least 5% hit and then stack bv
    Last edited by pompuspilot; 06-03-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silthias View Post
    I find 8 SBV UNTALENTED = 16 Hit Rating ( 1% hit)

Quick thought, but that can't be true Oo.
    I can't see your sheet right now, but 8 SBV untalented is +8 damage on SS every 6 second. threat wise, it's 8x1,495~12 threat each 6 second, it's 2TPS...
    If you gain 1% hit, you gain more than 1% on global threat. For a classic 1000 TPS, it's 10 TPS...

I would say 40 Sbv ~ 1% hit .. unless I've missed something .

edit: and to OP, I prefer hit too, just because I hate miss my first SS on pull ... But if you can be hit capped without the ZA chest, take stoicism ^^.

Your right, Stupid brackets resulted in hit not getting as good comparision to threat, iv changed it giving ~25 untallented SBV, with the 10% SBV meta, being equivilent to the 1% hit.

Regards,

Silthias
    Last edited by Silthias; 06-04-2008 at 03:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread