+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Early Review AOC

Early Review AOC

Direct Download For This Podcast

Podcast Information
    This podcast is a quick review of the first two days of early access to Age of Conan. This covers the game design, lore, artwork, and PVP involved. This is both a review and a hearty recommendation for anyone interested.

This podcast is our normal Friday podcast. However, due to the official Age of Conan launch today we have chosen to create and release this early.

Reference
    Can You Run AoC?
    Eventide Guild Website (Doomsayer PVP)

Thanks for sharing that. It really eased my mind about preordering without actually having played in the beta. Now the question is: are there any european tankspot people that are thinking about creating a guild?

I know Narshe and a couple others were interested but I can't tell you for sure.

As an update, I have 100% confirmed that I can knock players off the edge of cliffs... and how satisfying it is.

Cider calm down lol.

I don't think you have left your computer since release.. remember to eat something once and a while!

That would be my sales pitch. I was a salesman in two previous jobs, I don't get a chance to exercise a 30 minute sales pitch often. Zero editing obviously.

If I had a better computer that podcast would have convinced me to pick it up.
    I wouldn't make a full switch even if I could though.. I couldn't do that to my guild.

I used to play Anarchy Online and I will tell you right now, Funcom IS NOT blizzard, blizzard appreciates the fanbase, Funcom does not have one, Funcom has a extended family who pays rent.
    Raid leader: "why in the #"# did the tank die?"
    Priest: "his health points reached zero...."

Quote Originally Posted by Krynis View Post
    I used to play Anarchy Online and I will tell you right now, Funcom IS NOT blizzard, blizzard appreciates the fanbase, Funcom does not have one, Funcom has a extended family who pays rent.
    That's my biggest concern about AoC... Funcom.

Anarchy Online is still a trainwreck after seven years, so my confidence level in the future of AoC is low. And as a raider, my main concern in AoC is raiding. Raiding in AO is a bad joke.

I played the beta, enjoyed the combat system, but I can only take so much PVP before I'm bored to tears.

Great podcast though, Cinder. If it weren't Funcom, you would have sold me a case of AoC boxes... heh.

Damnit, Ciderhelm, now I really want to play this. >_<

I want to try and get a trial key or something first, though.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Yeah on that note, if anyone has a spare buddy code...I would have your first born child for it. (gonna be a few days before I outright truely sign up)
    Raid leader: "why in the #"# did the tank die?"
    Priest: "his health points reached zero...."

Video!

Hello Ciderhelm! By what I've heard from this podcast, AoC is an amazing game.. Making me want to go out and try it for myself, which I probably will in the near future. I was wondering if you could make a video on basics of the game and how to get started, even though you explained some in the podcast I'm a better visual learner if anything and it would be greatly appreciated

Cider stopped playing AoC a month or two before WOTLK.

AoC has a pretty good basis, however it is riddled with bugs and it would appear the company is running out of money so very few of them are actively being fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Do you want me to cast Lifebloom inside you?

The game would of been solid if they could of fixed the class balance issues, I could of hung in there for the other improvements. As it was though, I really had no fun playing it outside of raiding. ~Serraph~

I'm still on their press mailing list so I actually get updates on the game still every now and then. They actually just released another content update on the 24th so it seems they're not really planning on going anywhere just yet.

There's good and bad to be said about the game. If you're looking for end-game raiding look elsewhere. If you're looking for a fun leveling process with some decent content then just be sure to not play on a PvP server

just be sure to not play on a PvP server
    You don't say......
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

+ Reply to Thread