+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 269 Marmot Jokes

269 Marmot Jokes

Patrick O'Callahan "Ciderhelm" and Joshua Allen "Lore"
    39:31

Direct Download For This Podcast

Podcast Information
    While the name may be misleading, there is a discussion of the number 269, an explanation of marmots, and a string of good and bad jokes throughout this podcast. The best part? We've normalized our sound output for the first time, and the wide volume differences between speakers has been smoothed out. Beware this means this may be louder than previous podcasts. Enjoy!

The Friday podcast is an off-topic discussion. These are unscripted discussions with a general subject, and do not have a transcript or pre-recorded outline available.

When available, Donors will see both the outlines and podcasts in advance of their post date.

Relevant Marmot Links (By Suggestion of SevenOdd)
    Vancouver Island marmot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Vancouver Island Marmot - Canada's Most Endangered Species
    The Vancouver Island Marmot - Plush

Did you find this subject utterly boring? Please, suggest topics and discussions, and ask questions for us to include in our upcoming podcasts.

The volume is kinda "too high" for me, it sounds "overloud".

Not sure how to say that.

Can you adjust the volume down on your end? I just use a standard preset, might be a little higher than normal since we don't have the spikes we normally do so the volume preset pushes everything a bit higher.

Just upgraded the player.

Personally, I think Lore is a jerk.

Cider, I want your babies.

For some reason it isn't showing up on iTunes.

Should be Podcast #16 according to the RSS feed

barbiturate LOL!

you guys are so random.

I thought the marmot thing came up because of Cider.... and then you guys started saying Cider's Mom is a marmot.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

sarah jessica parker is a dog. she's gross.. I cant even look at her.

agreed. Velhym is weirder that I assumed.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I think the overlying moral to this podcast is that we are amazing people.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

It didn't make sense to me that the 269th day would be 25th on a non-leap year and then on a leap year would be a day *later*...but date math is hard...anyway here's what wikipedia had to say:

269 (number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

not that it's necessarily right...but I don't think the numbers aren't out to get you.

By far, the best podcast ever, IMO.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Shouldn't it be in your case Lore, "You can't quit, we fire you"?

Oh and if it makes you feel better... 341 haunted me for many years in much the same way... eventually the coincidences end I assure you.

or do they?

Quote Originally Posted by tPaste View Post
    It didn't make sense to me that the 269th day would be 25th on a non-leap year and then on a leap year would be a day *later*...but date math is hard...anyway here's what wikipedia had to say:

269 (number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

not that it's necessarily right...but I don't think the numbers aren't out to get you.
    Crap you're right, I had it backwards.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

@Ciderhelm

Haven't listen to your latest podcast yet, but have notice an off topic fascination with marmots. I live at the base of Mt. Washington on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada, where we have a strugling colony of marmots. The Vancouver Island Marmot is actually Canada's most endangered species.

Mt. Washington also hosts a top notch skiing, every year the ski facility closes down regardless of skiing conditions due to Marmot breeding season. I believe at last report there were only 30 some animals in the wild. I know that 4 or 6 animals where released from the breeding facility last year or the year before. Unfortunately a cougar managed to get them, but the breeding program has become somewhat successful and the researchers are hopeful to release some more.

The local elementary school where my kids attend provide some educational awareness of these marmots and thetyalso get the children involved in some fund raising.

Some links for those that are interested.

This link allows the purchase of a plush marmot doll, a portion of the proceeds to help fund raising for the marmot recovery program, The Vancouver Island Marmot - Plush

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenodd View Post
    This link allows the purchase of a plush marmot doll, a portion of the proceeds to help fund raising for the marmot recovery program, The Vancouver Island Marmot - Plush
    I WANT ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenodd View Post
    @Ciderhelm

Haven't listen to your latest podcast yet, but have notice an off topic fascination with marmots. I live at the base of Mt. Washington on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada, where we have a strugling colony of marmots. The Vancouver Island Marmot is actually Canada's most endangered species.

Mt. Washington also hosts a top notch skiing, every year the ski facility closes down regardless of skiing conditions due to Marmot breeding season. I believe at last report there were only 30 some animals in the wild. I know that 4 or 6 animals where released from the breeding facility last year or the year before. Unfortunately a cougar managed to get them, but the breeding program has become somewhat successful and the researchers are hopeful to release some more.

The local elementary school where my kids attend provide some educational awareness of these marmots and thetyalso get the children involved in some fund raising.

Some links for those that are interested.

Honestly, I was looking at this page not too long ago. We're referring to them in a more joking way because I really do find them funny creatures, but why not put a little goodwill into it? Will link this from the main post.

I hate you both, so much.

"Dwarf" Fortress? I'm intrigued.

+ Reply to Thread