+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot war soon to be entering T5

Prot war soon to be entering T5

My guild is planning on attemptin Void reaver and Lurker this weekend, just to see how we do. I'm sure that im geared enoug to tank these bosses, but i want to maximize my chances of surviving throughout the fights, and taking pressure off my healers. Here is my armory link.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Whatever advice you could give on gear peices/gems/chants would be great. Also note that i am working on rep to get the dodge/defense rating shoulder enchant.

-Ontarin, 70 warrior, bloodscalp server
    P.S. the link is showing up strangely when i preview my post, if it isn't working you can armory ontarin, im the only 70 warrior with the name.

I'm presuming you are the warrior MT for your guild.
    Your gear is fine for doing SSC, and Loot reaver imo. You could replace your cloak with Slikk's Cloak of Placation - Item - World of Warcraft and a 120 Armor enchant, as MT you want to get your Effective Health up for tanking new content, so focus on HP, Armor and a little SBV, this will come with Tier5 loot.
    Your gear looks rock solid for SSC and beyond. I envy you Taurens with 5% more HP
    You could effectively tank all of SSC & TK and I'd say Hyjal up to Azgalor and even the first 3 Boss's in BT without to much hastle.

You have way over the Effective Health minimum for the boss's you will be attempting in SSC. So if your healers are struggling, which I hope they are not, you can try gear for more avoidance if you find they are running oom.

good luck in SSC

Looks good only thing I'd suggest as mentioned before would be the badges back and to stack more hit and expertise.

thx

Thanks for all the replys.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Fayainz View Post
    You could replace your cloak with Slikk's Cloak of Placation - Item - World of Warcraft and a 120 Armor enchant, as MT you want to get your Effective Health up for tanking new content, so focus on HP, Armor and a little SBV, this will come with Tier5 loot.
    A few questions.
    1) Is the 120 armor enchant really worth anything, it seems like it would a tiny TINY bit of mitigation. I would think that 12 defense rating, or dodge rating would be more effective.
    2) Being that i should focus on Hp and armor, would u suggest using a second stam trinket over the pocketwatch? Or s the pocketwatch just too much dodge on a trinket to give up?

Pocket watch is definitely that good. Also 120 armor is more mitigation than you give it credit for, I apologize I am not much of a theorycrafter but as an MT you almost always want to be maxing that armor and stam for the EH and swap to avoidance once you know the fight better.

2.4 badge tanking ring should be a pretty solid upgrade over Shermanar's
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

+ Reply to Thread