+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FURY: Gear questions ( Rating would be nice too)

Fury Warrior rating request!

Here is my WoW Armory link and below it is my Armorylite link (the site shows more actual numbers and looks cleaner)

The World of Warcraft Armory

Armory Lite for Grimstrike of Alleria

*Personally I feel that my +Crit and +Hit are low and it is a fine line to walk when trying to up both without gimping my Str/AP... badge gear is heavy +Hit and PvP gear has too many waste stats on Resi and Stam (crit and str are nice though). I guess more AP will come with the T5/T6 gear if I ever make it that far. I might need to switch to prot to tank for my DPS gear upgrades
    My ArP is 780 before Executioner proc and I have been trying for more Haste and some Expertise too.

First some background
    :
    I'm in a casual raiding guild and we are breaking into SSC atm. Kara is on farm and so is Gruul's and Mag's, ZA we are up to the Dragonhawk boss so far. So most of my gear has come from the above encounters, PvP, Heroics, and Badge vendors.

With the gear set you see above I can usually maintain 800-900dps on average, fully raid buffed with everything on from potion/flask, food, scrolls, weapon stones, etc... my burst DPS is 1200-1400. I beg for Salv or else I will pull aggro from most tanks with 1 good DPS rotation (If I crit on each hit I will catch a beating for sure). *If you add Kings and/or Might, WF totem, Leader of the pack... woo (it is nice when the stars and the planets align).

If the community would be so kind as to rate my gear and take into account that I don't have access to a lot of the higher-end items yet.

I have looked at Maxdps, ElitistJerks, and here for the DWFury guide v5, all awesome sites for info.

Head: I am hard pressed to beat my Furious Gizmatic Goggles - Item - World of Warcraft , maybe the Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Helm - Item - World of Warcraft

Neck: I like the Vindicator's Pendant of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft, but I also have the Aldor Shattered Sun Pendant of Might - Item - World of Warcraft. *I hate to lose the +Crit and Str though.

Shoulders: DPS shoulders are few and far between, sticking with Pauldrons of Gruesome Fate - Item - World of Warcraft for awhile.

Cloak: Dory's Embrace - Item - World of Warcraft, don't see anything else worth it, I do PvP and this is nice for both raiding and BGs (Maybe the Vengeance Wrap - Item - World of Warcraft )

Chest: Netherforce Chestplate - Item - World of Warcraft, maybe an upgrade to Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece - Item - World of Warcraft once I get enough points (I think I'd get the chest before the helm since the Engi goggles rock).

Bracers: Eternium Rage-shackles - Item - World of Warcraft until Bladespire Warbands - Item - World of Warcraft or Bracers of Eradication - Item - World of Warcraft drop for me.

Gloves: Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets - Item - World of Warcraft until Gauntlets of Martial Perfection - Item - World of Warcraft.

Belt: Chain of Unleashed Rage - Item - World of Warcraft The ArP is nice and the DPS between it and the Red Belt of Battle - Item - World of Warcraft looks close (I'm not sure its worth it for the mats needed).

Legs: Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Legguards - Item - World of Warcraft, don't see an upgrade to these for a long time.

Boots: Vindicator's Plate Greaves - Item - World of Warcraft until Skullshatter Warboots - Item - World of Warcraft drop.

Rings: Angelista's Revenge - Item - World of Warcraft
    Violet Signet of the Master Assassin - Item - World of Warcraft, I don't want to lose the +Hit, but the Vindicator's Band of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft is a nice ring. *I guess I can wait for the Ring of a Thousand Marks - Item - World of Warcraft to drop someday.

Trinkets: Shard of Contempt - Item - World of Warcraft *This thing procs more than any trinket I have ever seen.
    Hourglass of the Unraveller - Item - World of Warcraft, since my AP is at 1900 unbuffed, I like the +Crit on this. I also have Icon of Unyielding Courage - Item - World of Warcraft that I play with. The on use is nice for a boss fight and Execute spam, but I do notice that my DPS dips a bit and my overall damage done goes up with the extra hit. I can always dream of Dragonspine Trophy - Item - World of Warcraft

*I left out the Weps and Ranged since I don't plan on upgrading them anytime soon, maybe if the Tuskbreaker - Item - World of Warcraft or Ancient Amani Longbow - Item - World of Warcraft to drop.

If there are any other gear or talent suggestions let me know. Thanks for the help. Since Fury warriors don't have any type of CC to worry about we have to obsess over our DPS and even if I can get a slight increase, I will take it.

P.S. I took 1 pt from Commanding presence for Piercing Howl to help with the trash pulls that go out of hand and it is nice for BGs.
    Last edited by Grimstrike; 05-16-2008 at 04:15 PM.

100 views and not 1 reply... /shameless bump

Any experienced Fury PVE feedback is much appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread