+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Requesting: Prot talent build for lvl 52 warrior

Requesting: Prot talent build for lvl 52 warrior

Hi all,

The question, short and simple: For lvl 52, can someone recommend a talent spec as a protection warrior?

The unneccessary background: I am a newcomer to WoW, having joined in mid-Feb. Three RL friends (holy priest, combat rogue, feral combat druid) pulled me in, and I've spent the last 3 months grinding to catch up to their level. Here I be:

The World of Warcraft Armory

Running dps was a great learning experience, and in hindsight I realize I should have respecced to get my 40 pt Fury talent many levels ago. But now that I'm within (battle)shouting distance, I'd instead like to respecc to a protection build. Better sooner than later, so that I don't make a complete idiot of myself at higher levels (I'm already doing a fine job of that now, thanks).

As I can now group quest with my 3 mates, grinding as a prot warrior won't be as painful. Maintaining aggro will be a challenge while underlevelled as compared to my teammates, but I hope to achieve parity within the week.

Thanks!

Mooshkin

p.s. Great website, and I'm loving the podcasts. As an old fogey casual player (37, with 2 young kids, wife, busyjob), tankspot is an invaluable resource for the severely time-limited. Cider, I ordered a Gnome tank onesie for my youngest - you can expect a picture soon.

If you just want to be able to tank rather well with your friends I would say this will be the best for your survivability and threat Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Although in the lower levels it really is possible to tank with most any spec if you know what abilities generate rage and you have a set of gear with a decent bit of armor and stam and a nice shield and one hander. Also as far as DPS specs go Imp Slam is almost invaluable if you are mixing arms/fury and using a 2hander.

Hope it helps and if I gave bad advice I am sure someone will correct. The first time I went prot was when I hit 60 in the pre-BC days and did'nt have to spread points so thin like you do now with the bigger talent trees.

Just curious why you put 3 points in reduced spell damage and none in increasing damage absorbed by shield? Only thing I would change.

0/0/43? Wow, this really is Tankspot.

But, it does bring Devastate into the rotation. As for Imp Def Stance vs Shield Mastery, happily this will be a moot issue soon enough: I'm close to 53 as it is, and we're running ST tomorrow. After handing in the quests and completing a few lower levels sitting in my log, I'll be at lvl 55/56 and will direct additional talent points thusly.

A pity ST offers no great protection shield. But Crest of Supremacy - Item - World of Warcraft will be an upgrade nonetheless, if it drops.

Thanks greatly,

M.

Thanks Tattman2an I wasn't looking closely and grabbed Imp Def Stance instead of Shield Mastery. But if you swap that I would still say if you have friends to quest with, especially including a healer, then that setup will allow to have a solid tanking rotation (standard 2,3,4,4) and you can dps using "fury gear" and DW dev spam.

+ Reply to Thread