+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear review - suggestions, please :)

Gear review - suggestions, please :)

Greetings,

Background:
    Because of lack of tanks in our Guild, I recently switched main from my t4/t5 rogue to my used to be PvP toon warrior.
    I had alot of dkp saved from my rogue, so the last 4 weeks have been one big upgrade rush for me. Going from s1 PvP gear with a few mixed in blue tanking items, to where I am now.

The World of Warcraft Armory

This is basically the only tanking set I have, my focus have been on upgrading every slot to either threat/avoidance/mitigaiton/eh, just to have a base to start from.

We are currently downing Lurker and Leo in SSC, VR and Astromancer in the Eye, and have downed Naj'entus a few times in BT.

I have tanked all of Kara as main tank, and am currently working on getting tankspots (pun intended) on some of our progress encounters. Been offtanking in SSC and The eye.

Currently our tank team consists of one Prot pally, one reasonable new feral druid, and now me, the rest are alts switched in for tanking when needed.

Having read alot of the guides on tankspot, I am slowly getting to grasps with the do's and dont's of tanking. Working on getting my skill as a player to catch up to the gear I have been fortunate enough to get. (next upgrade is the badge ring for an improvement in both mitigation and avoidance)

So, if you please, anything I should be on the lookout for, slots that need to change, stats to improve, to be able to do my job as an up and coming MT.

I realize the open format of this post, but hope you can find the time to give some pointers.

Thanks in a advance,

Croma, of Shadowsong - EU.

First item to replace would be your pvp ring, go for either the new badge ring, shermanaar ring, or the expertise ring regular magisters. Next upgrade I would work on is legs, either unyielding or new badge ones. Other than that your stats look great, might work on getting your hit up a little, will improve your threat and your dps will love you for it.

Thanks for the reply,

yes the ring is getting switched to the badge ring or Shermanaar whichever i get first.

For hit rating, I opted for expertise to start with, as its more readily available from badge gear and SSO neck. I'm at the dodge cap now, so hoping for Gruul's shield and maybe a nice 30+ hit rating trinket for threat set.

Legs I will look into, could you link the unyielding ones you speak of, just can't seem to find them on wowhead.

+ Reply to Thread