+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: TPS from WWS for druids and pallys

Quote Originally Posted by bagelbite View Post
    But what could I use for paladins? Looking at a wws report for a paladin, how would you find out something isnt quite right?
    Maybe count judgements? Is there anyway a judgement could occur more often than every 10 seconds?
    What about holy shield? Does haste affect this?

Our talent, Improved Judgement, allows the judgement cooldown reduces it to 8, but it can be no less than 8 seconds per cast.

Haste shouldn't affect anything who's actual cooldown is >= GCD. Haste only reduces the global cooldown of spells, not their actual. So Holy Shield can only occur once every 10 seconds. Consecration can only occur once every 8 seconds.

Some of that will change with the WotLk though, just FYI. Bear Mangles will happen faster, Holy Shield will happen faster, etc.

Great report generating tool - I just had the chance to have a glance at it but it looks great.

Yesterday evening I had a shockingly low TPS of 758 at Teron Gorefiend. The average Warrior TPS is 1131.

Have you got any tips how to read and understand your report and maybe comparing it to other reports in order to find out about your areas of improvement and also areas of strenghts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Adding threat from buffs isn't hard for me to do, but I won't be doing this until I can find specifically which buffs, and how much threat.

OK... going to introduce a problem that's a little difficult, because some of it has WWS at fault.

First, the semi-easier part. I'm tanking Kil'Jaeden as 0/31/30, with Bloodthirst as my main 'burst' threat ability, with sunders filling in. I'm spec'd full 3/3 TM (I'm assuming, since you say the assumption is that everything is 'threat favorable', that you want to assume 3/3 TM for this), and I'm not seeing any innate threat.

Now, I'm not sure exactly what the 'threat bonus' is.

According to the link here: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/theor...ges-ms-tm.html

It's 250 innate threat for 3/3 TM.

According to another post here: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/theor...ing-build.html

It mentions something about 1.65 threat per point of damage.

I'm really not sure what it is at this point.

The harder problem is that of sunder armor. My rotation basically consists of BT, Sunder, Sunder, Sunder while keeping HS up.

However, WWS doesn't track it in the ability list, since, well.. it doesn't deal damage. Even in the logs, I don't see any listing of Sunder Armor.

I'm showing about 1300-1500 TPS, when I think it's much higher than that on omen. While I understand that omen is going to be more accurate, I'd like a better verification that I'm doing what I need to as we progress into the later stages of this fight.

Edit: I'm also seeing a 1.49 multiplier, at least on BT... would you want to assume a 2% Threat to gloves enchant, therefore making it a 1.529 (or 1.53) multiplier?

Edit 2: A link to one of my reports: Ttocs produced 1465 tps

It's an "all bosses" report, you can go to the wws link and break it down however you want.
    Last edited by ttocs; 08-21-2008 at 09:53 PM.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

Remember that neither WWS nor Rehfield can know your talents (like tactical mastery) or glove enchants. You will probably have to calculate those separately.

Did this tool change for paladins recently so that it doesnt add "mana gained" from the Energy Gained report anymore? Regards Jupi - Zenedar

ttocs,

I assume a typical prot warrior. Although I can detect you may not be full prot by seeing stuff like BT or MS in the wws summary, I can't detect exactly how you spent your talent points. For example, you may have MS and defiance. Or maybe you have only 1 point in defiance. There's simply too many possibilities, most of which I simply cannot be sure of by using the heuristic techniques I'm forced to use.

You should see a red message on your report stating the report appears bogus, with a link to what makes a report bogus. The use of MS or BT is one of the things which immediately invalidates a report.

And yes, sunder is a boon. Not sure about now, but a long time ago the first 5 sunders to a target showed in the combatlog. Parsing combatlogs simply doesn't pick it up, so mods like omen actually need to hook into the game to detect when you use it. I don't really concern myself with this considering a prot warrior should be using devastate against any boss.
    Last edited by bagelbite; 08-26-2008 at 10:22 AM.

Jupi,

Thanks for the heads up. WWS changed a few minor things, causing my parser not to pick up power gains. I've updated it and it should be working correctly again. Some reports may take up to 24 hrs to show properly again.

This tool has been invaluable for me. I just want to say thanks!
    The only thing better than being able to tank, is realizing that you no longer need to prove that you can.

Is coolyo.org still working?

My WWS reports all generate 0 TPS

Battle time in seconds: 289

Heroic Strike:
    Amount: Hits: Crits: Dmg threat: 0 Skill threat: 0
    Shield Slam:
    Devastate:
    Revenge:
    Swing:
    Shield Bash:
    Cleave:
    Vengeance:
    Thunderfury:
    Deep Wound:
    Thunder Clap:

Earth Shield:
    Amount: Overheal: % Threat: 0
    Prayer of Mending:
    Lifebloom:

Total amount of dmg threat: 0
    Total amount of skill threat: 0
    Total amount of healing threat: 0

Fair enough.

I figured you wanted to keep it fairly "prot/feral" specific, but it was worth a shot.

I thought there was a mod that would output threat to a text file or something for later parsing. Was it KTM that did that? Not that I'd go back to that POS...
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

Hi Bagel,

Was just wondering if you are still actively developing this tool?

--
    Colyn

Not at the moment, but I'm planning to update the existing features for wotlk.

I'm considering adding some better search/browsing capabilities, but not much else at the moment.

Just wanted to update that I started working on updating this for wotlk. Should be ready soon. Death Knights will be included.

i love you bagel.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

unsticking since the other one is more updated.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread