+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reatilation as a Tanking tool

Reatilation as a Tanking tool

Never really thought about it until last night, Was OTing 10 man naxx and was poping Recklessness and sheild slamming for the big numbers. Well afterward I was wondering if Retatlation would be a good thing to pop after a big rage dump since you can now stance dance to pop the 5 min cd's.

I didnt get a chance to test it because I got my 4piece fury and wanted to play with it. So i guess I was wondering if anyone else does this for the 12 seconds of higher TPS, also im not posotive on the mechanics of retaliation, whether or not it mitigates dmg(when i think of a counter attack i think of avoiding dmg then hitting back)

It does not mitigate damage. I find it most useful on the pull and with trash, when you have no rage. Pop, pull, def stance.

It's a good way to frontload some threat. The number of charges has been reduced to 4 I think. So you can pop it before you pull/engage. And you'll still have enough time to use up all the charges.

I don't believe it mitigates any damage, it's strictly free damge output.

On a related note, I've wondered about Recklessness as well. Obviously taking 20% more dmg is bad for tanking... but if you can use those charges fast does the 20% penalty go away?

When MTing 25 man i pop recklessness on the not so hard hitting bosses. You can burn the charges really fast... HS, Devestate, Shield Slam.

retaliation is good for aoe situations, like when your pulling multiple groups to get Arachnophobia. Other than that, haven't found much use for it.

fights like malygos and sarth its important to get high up in threat. i almost always recklessness before a boss fight.

+ Reply to Thread