+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deathknights

Deathknights

Direct Download For This Podcast

Podcast Information
    This podcast is general commentary on the recently released information regarding Deathknights. The primary focus is on the announced abilities involving tanking.

References
    Curse Gaming Article
    GameSpy Article
    Eurogamer Article

Did you find this subject utterly boring? Please, suggest topics and discussions, and ask questions for us to include in our upcoming podcasts.

Nice Podcast.

While most of the Podcast is speculation, as no plan survives first contact, I found it very interesting.

I especially found Lore's comments about his plan to level his Paladin to 80, and then explore the Death Knight, to be thought provoking.

I suspect that the initial 15 level disparity (with Death Knights starting at 55 and needing to get to 70 to enjoy WotLK content) will greatly thin the numbers of Death Knights to begin with. I recall 55 to 70 taking about 3 weeks, and that is a large down time in terms of seeing new content with the rest of your guild/friends. So, expect to see 1000's of created Death Knights at level 55, and only dozens of those players getting to level 56 and beyond anytime soon.

That said, it would not surprise me to see a large influx of Death Knights leveling from 56-80 about 6 - 8 weeks after WotLK's release.

Assuming all that we know now holds true, do you hope to have a Death Knight join you in the Podcasts, along with the mythical Druid Tank?

As always, thanks to Ciderhelm and Lore for the excellent level of work.

If there is a Deathknight "starting area" then it would be well worth waiting a bit before starting one
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

In response to Death and Decay, the fear component of it I took as targets under the effect of it are able to feared, in the sense that they were not fearable before.

Gummy bear on a stick...ROFL

Great podcast, I really enjoyed listening to it. Just one thing - any chance Lore could speak a little louder or closer to a mic, as the sound range difference between the two of you made listening a little more difficult.

I'm guessing if death knights are the magic tanks it's going to make having resistance sets for the other tanks even more important, depending on how many guildies roll raiding death knights and how many bosses/encounters have a high amount of magic involvement. WTB bigger bags and bank.

I'd like to disagree with Lore on one point - gnome warrior knockbacks or stuns should be twice as effective on taurens - not the other way round
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

The volume difference is pretty striking. It may make sense for us to jump to Skype or Gizmo instead of ventrilo as that allows separate tracks for each voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    The volume difference is pretty striking. It may make sense for us to jump to Skype or Gizmo instead of ventrilo as that allows separate tracks for each voice.
    This may help the problem, depending on what source you use to record the Podcast.

If nothing else, I hope it helps just one person who reads it avoid the bleeding ear problem that Ventrilo can sometimes cause.

Ventrilo Normalization makes every voice the exact same volume. In essence, you won't blow your ears out or have difficulty hearing people.

Here's how:

- Go to Setup

- Enable Direct Sound

- Select the SFX Button

- Select Compressor and click Add.

- Under Compressor Properties use the following settings

- Gain = Adjust for how loud you want people to be. (I use 15)

- Attack = 0.01

- Release = Around 500

- Threshold = Around -30

- Ratio = 100

- Pre delay = 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Galushi View Post
    Gummy bear on a stick...ROFL
    This made you roll on the ground and laugh?

the ventrilo normalization works, confirmed, my entire guild uses vent and once we set that up, no more problems with hearing people.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'm of the same mind. I think I will likely focus on bringing my main up to level 80 and work on a DeathKnight on the side.

druid tanks are really rare, and i really think it's because blizzard kind of stopped paying attention to us. The new badge gear is a clear indicator of the way they see druids as off-tanks instead of raid tanks. Why haste on tank gear that clearly needs defense? I have to gem and chant for defense just to hit the easy 416 cap.

Well, on second thought, we're not that rare anymore, but we're definitely a joke among tanking classes as to our itemization, i thought they we're finally getting there with idol of terror and then the new badge gear just dispelled any thought i had that maybe feral druids we're getting some love.
    Last edited by Soldierin; 05-21-2008 at 02:50 AM. Reason: added second thought

Id like to point out that DnD (Death and Decay) is very much a DOT Groud AOE, its specific purpose is for tanking as its DOT numbers dont stack up enough to make it viable as a DPS use. However the only way the fear is applicable is if its glyphed.

I will be testing the AotD (Army of the Dead) tank healing vs a 41k HP tank in Straholme this weekend, ill report back my findings for you.

DeathCoil is meant to heal pets or RP(runic power) dump

Currently in frost arua does infact buff HP and armor, not so much on the HP since patch, but the armor gained is significant.

This was recorded 17 months ago, just to put things in perspective.

+ Reply to Thread