+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New tank trying to crunch the numbers.

New tank trying to crunch the numbers.

The World of Warcraft Armory

For a tank, I'm a good warlock(my main). In my guild, there seems to be a much greater need for a tank than DPS, so I'm slowly converting. As far as I can tell, I'm ok for an end of Kara tank, and really just need a few items (Aran ring, Illhoof or Prince cloak). Any obvious suggestion? I especially need options for enchants and trinkets(yes I have the Moroes watch, I was pvping last night).

In Armory order:

Neck: Get the Brooch of Deftness or the Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve. Both big upgrades in terms of threat and tankability - and both easily obtained.

Shoulders: Warchief's Mantle is superior for tanking. Don't wear something just because it's purple.

Cloak: Slikk's Cloak of Placation. Get it. Now.

Chest: Chestplate of Stoicism. No-brainer.

Bracers: Enchant for 12 Stamina please.

Ranged: Gyro-balanced Khorium Destroyer gemed for Stamina or Hit Rating. Easily farmed. Big upgrade.

Hands: Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden or (preferably) Bonefist Gauntlets. Not sure if you logged in your Tanking gear, but you need to ditch the PvP items already.

Belt: 20 Attack power? You're not at the point right now where you could justify this gem in a tank set. Gem for Stamina, Avoidance or both please.

Rings look PvPish. trinkets too. Don't tank in those. =)

Gladiator Plate shoulders are the best you can get until you get T4.

They beat the pants off the blues because of the massive hp/ac advantage even though the stats aren't ideal for tanking.

Of course if you don't have the defense to be uncrittable without the blues, by all means use them. Of course the S1 shoulders have resilience, which helps with uncrittable but not with avoidance like defense.

+ Reply to Thread