+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I suppose I'd post here eventually :)

I suppose I'd post here eventually :)

Hey all!

I figured I might as well make a post and get a spot-check on how the community thinks I'm doing, 'cause Lord knows I'm not qualified to make accurate judgements on it myself

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pick your poison!

WoW Armory:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Be Imba:
    Be Imba! - the online Character Auditor for World of Warcraft

Warcrafter:
    Shaiden <Arctic Raiders> Terenas

---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Currently raiding -
    [4/5] - Hyjal Summit
    [3/(9?)] - Black Temple
    [3/4] - Tempest Keep (A'lar / learning Kael only)

My current goals:
    Getting the freaking [item]Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart[/item] to drop off Kaz... My current shield ([item]Dawnforged Defender[/item] was upgraded from Nightbane's! O_o;

Getting the [item]Commendation of Kael'thas[/item] to replace my [item]Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch[/item].

Anything that might be dropping out of BT or MH after that are mostly unplanned, as I have no idea if/when bosses will die, or indeed if if they even drop the item in the first place! :O

Feel free to be brutal ^_- I appreciate any advice you guys can give me.
    This is my signature.

... what advice could you possibly be seeking?

Clear BT. Raid Sunwell. That's about it for you at this point man. What else is there to say?

Gem options, spec options, possible upgrades I hadn't considered, enchanting preferences, what major upgrades that I could be working towards, special sets of gear I should be assembling.

That sort of thing

For the most part, those are the pieces I use to tank every mob, but as I understand it the later bosses in BT seem to favor stacking a bit more avoidance, should I be working towards that a bit? Is there any way I could be improving my effective health save direct gear upgrades from BT/Hyjal? :P
    This is my signature.

Was going to try and lend a helpful voice but you logged in fury gear...so my advice is..

At least tank with a shield on =)

Doh! Fix'd XD sorry, I was trying to do dailies
    This is my signature.

Well I gotta admit I would definitely socket and enchant in the same manner. You have a several upgrades over me and I am geared to pretty much go to SSC/TK and be fine (granted it wont happen cause of progression on my sever). I would say as soon as you get your Commendation I would suggest using it + Pocket Watch and keep the Darkmoon around for when you need that extra health. Commendation + Pocket Watch is like having 3 trinkets: EH Trinket, On use dodge, On equip dodge.

I would be curious how you are liking the 10&#37; SB gem as hopefully one day soon I will finally have my T4 Helm (we get hunter helm every time lol, saw helm of defender once and priest won roll and then decided she liked crafted better =X).

In regards to the SB Gem:
    I'll be honest with you, it "was" amazing a little while back, but unfortunately recent upgrades have reduced my SBV by a ridiculous amount, and the value of the meta-gem has gone down in tandem.

The only reason why I haven't swapped to a different meta-gem is because I "honestly" don't need more defense at the moment, and the SBV is still nice.

Good tip on the Trinkets by the way!
    I had only really been considering using those two as a method to increase my overall health, but I suppose I could definitely use a double avoidance package on such heavy-hitting bosses.

Thanks for the feed back. It is much appreciated
    This is my signature.

Unless you have a rediculous amount of shield block value I wouldn't recommend the 10% SBV meta. Rather use the 18Stam.
    As nice as 10% SBV sounds, it really doesn't scale well until you are late into BT or Sunwell, where it's mainly used for the defence rating anyway. With regards to threat, SBV is not all that good of a stat for gaining threat, rather look at Expertise as a primary threat stat, and then hit.
    I have done a few calcualtions over the last few raids, where I moved from 18Stam meta to 10% SBV meta and the difference in threat is marginal at best. I am resocketing my meta back to 18 stam.

However I will say it's an awesome meta for 5man / heroics when using my SBV gear set. I get 1040 SBV and with Autoblocker, 1240 SBV, which makes for nice SS crits

+ Reply to Thread