+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kara MT looking at next upgrade

Kara MT looking at next upgrade

Hi everyone, glad to finally post as I've been a lurker on this site for months and its been an invaluable asset.
    My question is this, I have 80 badges right now and I'm looking at my next badge purchase and I'm leaning towards the Unwavering (75 badge) pants. Should I wait to get the Sunguard legs, or perhaps the 100 badge Stoic chest. My reasoning behind going for the 75 badge legs is that I get a huge amount of BV, more stam gemmed up, and I don't need the extra defense or avoidance the 100 badge legs give atm. Plus I will use them for a very long time even if I do get a chance to upgrade them, as I will use it in my threat set, so its a great value.
    Is my logic sound, or should I be looking at the badge gloves or belt? My guild currently farms up to Curator every week, and progression-wise we're up to Shade and Illhoof. And heres my armory

Thanks guys!

Hi m8

Any of the 2 leggings would be your best upgrade atm , after that I would say the gnomerigan autoblocker trinket is the next , 3rd inline would be the new SSO chest and in between that you need those gloves to drop of the Curator ^^ (btw if the leggings drop from curator take them if no one needs cause you gonna use the 2 gems for resistance gear in SSC later )

Hope this helps

Refer to Veneretio's guide if you really get stuck, its got good factual basis for each of the upgrades.

Off the top of my head its:

Belt then Bracers then Ring

The Badge Pick Order: 2.4 Edition - Warriors - TankingTips.com

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

You are close to the 100 badges needed to get the chest piece which will significantly raise your Armor not to mention your stamina; dodge and defense.

I went with your path though and got legs first (before belt came out). I'd still probably go with legs first in your case, then belt, and the order listed.

The chest, although "pretty" it doesn't really shine as well as other pieces. I think you need to upgrade your chest, but there's many alternatives as opposed to the limitations of your legs/belts/rings.

try to get s1 chest, or armorsmith chest. they both provide tons of stamina and armor, and with sockets you can push your hp through the roof. You'll lose some defense/dodge but you can make up for it elsewhere.

I am an amorsmith and I'm working on getting all the mats for the fully upgraded chest, which is why I was iffy about the badge chest.
    I think I'm going to go w/ the 75 badge legs, that way I'll be 25 badges closer to my next upgrade.
    Thanks for the feedback guys

I agree both girdles

The World of Warcraft Armory

are a nice upgrade.

Wrynn Dynasty Greaves drop from Curator. Nice upgrade for you.

But

It'll be tough to top this anytime soon.

Dismember is offline Я являюсь удивительным
    Another vote for [item]Unwavering Legguards[/item]. Those will last a long long time.

Also (and this is personal preference) I like to get the expensive badge items first. It just seems less painful that way.
    Kazeyonoma: Giving people too much time to think makes them do stupid things too.

yeh man if you can make the bsmith chest go with that all the way into t5 or above, and just use that, you'll be able to pick up better pieces of gear by not wasting dkp or letting other tanks grab chests while you have yours. its a win win. Grab the legs, and belt, and go to town!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionides View Post
    Hi m8

Any of the 2 leggings would be your best upgrade atm , after that I would say the gnomerigan autoblocker trinket is the next , 3rd inline would be the new SSO chest and in between that you need those gloves to drop of the Curator ^^ (btw if the leggings drop from curator take them if no one needs cause you gonna use the 2 gems for resistance gear in SSC later )

Hope this helps
    Avoid the auto-blocker for now. You will replace it too quickly to justify the 41 badge investment at this point. It's nice for a "gimmick" SBV set, but with the trinkets from Magister's Terrace there are too many good alternatives to spend 41 badges on the auto-blockers, especially given all your other options.

Based on your armory, it looks like you went ahead and bought the Unwavering Legguards. Don't understand this decision at all. The 2.4 Belt, Chestplate, Leggings or Ring would have all been better upgrades for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Based on your armory, it looks like you went ahead and bought the Unwavering Legguards. Don't understand this decision at all. The 2.4 Belt, Chestplate, Leggings or Ring would have all been better upgrades for you.
    You're right, the 2.4 chest and pants are better, however I didn't think they were 25 badges better. I'll have my bulwark of the ancient kings fairly soon, and my upgraded kara ring, so I can't justify spending 60 badges on a ring when the 2 I have are very good.
    I figured the 25 badges I saved by going w/ the unwavering legs will be put to better use for my next piece.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeer View Post
    You're right, the 2.4 chest and pants are better, however I didn't think they were 25 badges better.
    That's just silly. That's one Karazhan run + 30 minutes in Heroic BM for vastly superior items. You need to stop treating your Badges like precious little snowflakes. They were made to be spent and you should spend them wisely.
    I'll have my bulwark of the ancient kings fairly soon
    And? You will still want to upgrade to Chestplate of Stoicism. Unless you plan on skipping straight to T6.
    I figured the 25 badges I saved by going w/ the unwavering legs will be put to better use for my next piece.
    25 badges saved or 75 wasted? That's a matter of opinion.
    I can't justify spending 60 badges on a ring when the 2 I have are very good.
    What? You can't justify an upgrade because you already have good items? That's a horrible way to look at gear priorities man. Replacing the Shermanar Great Ring with the 2.4 Ring gives you 9 Stamina, 169 Armor, and 1.48% dodge at a comparatively minor cost to Defense. It's leagues beyond the rings you have.

Bulwark of the Ancient Kings (your BS Armorsmith Chest) is not a tanking piece. It has No Defense. No Dodge. No Block. The stats alone should tell you it's a PVP set. As for the crit, even an OT has to watch his crit. He doesn't want to take the threat away from the MT. In fact, it's hard for an OT with high Crit to get into any raids without being asked to respec or regem by the rest of the guild.

But go ahead. Make it and wear it.

Everything I have on can be had through Kara; then Gruul's. And onto Mag.

Do a little more research. I think you'll find what to wear and not to wear.
    Where to get it and how.

I have been researching, alot. Nothing you've said isn't true, however I dont get badges at a very fast pace, and I probably wont get to see much, if any 25 man content before the expansion. So its Kara gear and a handfull of badges every week, so I have to take value into account as well. For me badges are precious little snowflakes, they're not for you, more power to ya.

As far as the BoAK goes, you're right, its not a 'tanking' piece. However, that doesn't mean you cant tank w/ it. It has very high armor and stamina, hit, and a handy on use. It would have been afew months for me to gather enough badges for either of the pants if I went w/ the badge chest. Compare that to a piece I can have this within a week, I have 2 big upgrades (bulwark, unwavering legs), and I'm on my way to my next badge upgrade. The choice became clear for me.

+ Reply to Thread