+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Progression, Time Management, Vashj & Kael'thas

Progression, Time Management, Vashj & Kael'thas

after listening to the most recent podcast it made me rethink (again) how raid scheduling should flow. over the last month we have made our way through TK and SSC with only Vashj and Kael left to kill. we have also made a few forays into MH with the lifting of the attunements and have done reasonably well, although not as good as i would like - 1-shotting Rage every time and getting Anetheron down to about 20%. this is where i am unsure on what to do. we had been working on Vashj for two weeks, getting as low as 8% before everyone died - there are a lot of us in the guild that want to down Vashj & Kael so we can say that we have done it as well as the added bonus of getting the rings.

this past week we are backtracking a little to go back through SSC & TK and pick up a few more bits of gear in hopes that it will give us that slight boost to get over the hump on Vashj & Anetheron. prior to this i was very adamant about following the outline presented in the Time Management post and i feel given the ADD that our raid suffers from we have done well. my dilemma stems from this - given that we dont have a totally focused group is it better to pad our gear a little more from older instances that we can clear in a night, or would it still be better to head into MH & BT and get the early upgrades from there? this also brings up the question of what to do with Vashj & Kael. as a guild we seem to be in agreement about downing them - the question is when.

My advice is to split your time between farming MH/BT and killing Vashj and Kael'thas. Reward the people that sign for the tough fights with the easier and fun fights in early MH and BT.

The first four bosses in MH and BT are definitely easier than either Kael or Vashj and far better to farm for gear than most of the SSC and TK bosses.

[QUOTE=Lavache;75674]prior to this i was very adamant about following the outline presented in the Time Management post and i feel given the ADD that our raid suffers from we have done well. my dilemma stems from this - QUOTE]

Funny we must be in the same guild but I dont remember seeing you around :-)

If you're getting Vashj to 8%, she should be dead. Ask everyone to turn down all of the settings which may affect frame rate, and put spell detail down to half. We wiped there only because a significant number of players got screen freeze. With the settings on absolute minimum, Vashj died on next try. I really think if you're getting through phase 2, you have the kill....

After that, our guild chose to go to Hyjal, then BT. It was not hard to get 4 bosses in each (4/5 4/9 since attunement was removed, and we only raid 3 hours/night).

We're spending this week on Kael'thas. I hope he will die tomorrow. We added 2 hours on Sunday raid (leaving early) to give us extra time to kill him. If not, I will have a tough decision too - whether to go back to BT and Hyjal for a few weeks before trying again, because we cannot afford to stop farming Heart of Darkness for long. Plus, I don't like to bang our heads against the same boss over & over if it's not strictly necessary, and it's at the expense of farm content that we can use. If this situation comes up, I will consult not only the officers, but the core members, to see how they're doing and what they want.

Part of the podcast was also about how the speed of clearing is a form of progression. For BT, make sure everyone can reach 10k hit points buffed, and try getting the first 3 bosses on speed farm. About ADD, I don't know, my raid doesn't have it. Maybe mixing it up would help.

Quote Originally Posted by lorelye View Post
    If you're getting Vashj to 8%, she should be dead. Ask everyone to turn down all of the settings which may affect frame rate, and put spell detail down to half. We wiped there only because a significant number of players got screen freeze. With the settings on absolute minimum, Vashj died on next try. I really think if you're getting through phase 2, you have the kill....
    ill bring this up next time we go in. we have some disagreement among the leadership on exactly how to proceed. some people are adamant about killing her, some feel we should move on to greener pastures for the time being and come back once we outgear it by a fair amount.

+ Reply to Thread