+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From Karazhan to Zul'Aman

From Karazhan to Zul'Aman

Greetings. I'm in need of advice. I'm OT in our guild, and we're basiclly a 10-man raid guild. We've been farming Karazhan for quite some time and ran our first ZA the other day. Reason for my post is that I'm in the middle of a gear dilemma. So far belt, ring, cloak, chest and ring have yet to show themselves in Karazhan and my badges are just stacking up in a nice pile.

I got 71 badges laying around now, and considering my gear and that we're going to ZA now where life suddenly becomes harder I know that upgrade of my gear is a must. But I have no clue what to go after first, or rather what to prioritize for our new encounters.

I'm using Violet Badge + Darkmoon Vengence atm, but I got Enigma and Adamantite Figurine aswell. With the HP trinkets I reach 15100HP unbuffed with 69% avoidance (according to Uncrushable - TankSpot ) macro. When I swap trinkets I reach 14100hp with 74.20% avoidance.

I don't have much ZA tanking experience and neither has my guild. Not sure if I should aim for more health, avoidance or threat in my gear.
    So the million dollar question would be: New ZA run coming up in 2 days, Karahan on cooldown for another 4 days and badges laying around for possible upgrades..which item(s) would you guys buy for badges or save up for if you were in my position?

Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

first off, you're not at 69% avoidance, that's 69% uncrushability %, that includes shield block, avoidance wise, you're much lower:
    you sit around: 40% avoidance, which is about right for your content.

however you need some major upgrades. the biggest one, is your belt. get 4 more badges and get the new girdle of the fearless from the sunwell badge vendor, it'll probably be your biggest upgrade.

I link you to the infamous: The Badge Pick Order: 2.4 Edition - Warriors - TankingTips.com

Veneretio's tankingtips pick order. Follow that and you can do no wrong!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I disagree with that order for a tank who is currently running Kara.

At best they can get a Panzerthar BP, and the difference between a Panzer Bp and the 100 badge chest is huge. I think its around 7k tank points? If they don't have a Panzer bp then you're looking at what, an Aldor rep bp?

I understand that there are some great items on that list, but the BP is just a huge itemization hole.

Although I agree that it is a big upgrade, there are much more alternatives for chest pieces between ZA and Kara.
    You have panzar'thar, you have t4 chest, you have all sorts of pvp chests that for Threat and EH purposes are AWESOME. S1, s2, s3 all of them are great, and make viable chests for tanking until you have spare badges to pick up the new 2.4 badge chest.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread