+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gear eval - Ready for Kara?

Thanks Freight,

I wasn't aware of the rep ring fromt outside Kara, one of my guildies mentioned it to me last night as well, I'll be getting that when we go raid on Sat night.

Now, assuming I have 100 badges, what would be the best badge upgrade for me given my current gear?
    No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

One thing I have noticed about certain drops. Certain badge gear. Is lack of gem slots.

As I have progressed, I have found my warrior becoming, though I don't want to use the wrong word, starving for more and more stamina, strength and hit. This is because more and more drops seem to have more dodge and defense and less stamina, strength and hit that I would like to see.

So I have now begun to look for ways to increase those deficits by going after gear that have at least (2) gem slots."The bonus for these slots do not play a very important part into my search though I would never sacrifice a defense bonus for stamina if I was hurting for defense to begin with." I then make sure the item has high stamina, moderate to high dodge and some strength with at least the two gem slots thrown in. A third slot added is very welcomed and if the item has a Block Value bonus, well, thats just icing on the cake. (And of course, my defense is already over 490)

(Don't know if any of the above applies to you but oh-well)

You may want to work on getting to revered with "Keepers of Time" and "Aldor". Nice enchants for the head and shoulders you should already have.

Now as for your badges. I would buy the Chestplate of Stoicism and get that out of your way. (Though I seem to have just contradicted what I earlier said about having at least two gem slots). This item has very nice avoidance, so you can't over look that. The other item I like are the Sunguard Legplates. They aren't bad either.

Thanks Chaser, I was thinking of getting the badge chest piece as well, it's good to have it confirmed.

Kara run with the guild tonight was awesome, we wiped once in Opera but was all good after untill we got to prince. We wiped 3 times before I asked if I could MT prince and was given the go ahead.

One shot tanked prince =D and he droped the helm piece and nodbody else needed it as well...so sweet upgrade there.

Thanks for all the tips everyone, i'll be around
    No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

i myself am a learning tank but most of the time im on OT in raids and MT in heroics

anyway another trinket that u should look for is the [Commendation of Kael'thas]

this one drops from Magister's Terrace Heroic (Priestess Delrissa - something like that, boss before Kael) plus the stam on this trinket really helps if ur not going for those card based trinkets like Vengence

+ Reply to Thread