My question involves the famously announed Demoralizing Shout. I read on another website that Demoralizing Shout reduces melee AP by 15%, while a full 5/5 points in Demoralizing Shout reduces the melee AP by an additional 40%, therefor a total of 55%. Does this sound right? Is it efficiant to place 5 points into this talent, with the usual 5% extra crit in the fury tree? In order for me to have enough points, I would have to take out 2 improved heroic strike, and 3 in improved defensive stance (reduce spell damage taken by 6%). Please help.
I also want to know about how much it really takes down. (:
The way I recall, bosses typically have 350 AP. Untalented, demo shout would reduce the bosses AP by 300, leaving him with a remaining 50 AP. With 2/5 imp. demo shout, however, the ability would reduce the bosses AP by 348 (300*1.16=348), leaving him with 2 AP. 5/5 imp. demo shout reduces the AP of the boss by 420, however (300*1.4=420). Clearly over-kill in that case. However, if a warlock puts curse of recklessness on the boss (loses 800 armour, but gains 135 AP, bringing it up to 485), and the warrior has 5/5 imp. demo shout, the boss would be down to 65 AP, and still lose that 800 armour, which is a pretty significant DPS increase for melee, and a TPS increase for the tank.
Nobody knows the absolute numbers, but the rule is:
2/5 fully negated w/o reck
5/5 ~ fully negated w/ reck
So uh. Is it worth using whenever I'm training?
If you have rage to spare with your other attacks on cooldown, go right ahead. Use it on hard hitting melee, but not casters.
I know that last part. But isn't it more effective to use as the first skill?
I don't use Demo Shout myself because I kill very quickly, but if you're going to use it, open with it and refresh when you need to. You'll get a feel for how much damage you're taking and decide whether to use it or not on a case-by-case basis.
Alright and thanks. I'm a noob. ):
If you are a tank, you should never have more than two points in demo shout. If you are in a raid situation (25 mans) where a lock will be using curse of recklessness, then more than likely you will have another warrior who can spec 5/5 demo shout to compensate. Its just too important for a tank to have those points elsewhere and the only time the 3 additional points will only be useful is when curse of recklessness is up.
Uh what is /thread? =/
Ah alright. Thanks. (: /thread. Lol.
Hi , this is not a reply but a question touching the same subject
I'm finding myself in the OT position most of the times because I'm basically the newer tank in my guild . I have decided to spec 8/10/43 giving myself the 5 points in improved demo shout and TC , which I feel as an OT you will have a better opertunity to make sure they are kept up all the time .
My question is firstly is this an viable option to help the raid and secondly if I have to MT will I be ok to do it in that spec ?