+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2.4 Chest,Legs,Belt. Now what?

2.4 Chest,Legs,Belt. Now what?

Hey guys, my armory profile can be found here:WoW Armory Link
    Thanks upfront for all you great tanks out there who spend your free time trying to help nubs like me figure out my gear.

First question:
    I got the 2.4 legs, the chest and the belt. What should I shoot for next.

Second question:
    How am I ever gonna replace my helm/boots if Kara keeps being unkind?
    Is there a good upgrade from Felsteel Helm and from my DPS boots that I could get from Heroics?
    I'm 375 Blacksmithing. Would you guys say it's worth it to grab the pattern for Red Havoc Boots (roughly 1200g from a guild I know) and Helm of the Stalwart Protector ?

Again, I appreciate the input very much.

I think the T4 helmet is the easiest to aim for after felsteel... If your guild has kara on farm, that is.. It took me a few runs/kills of prince to get mine, though.. The badges helmet may be a nice alternative until you get that. 50 badges?

As for the boots, Red Havoc is nice, but certainly not worth 1200g, imo. I got my recipe for 350 or so. Again, there are some alternative (and better?) boots in kara. The random drop is nice for avoidance and the chess event boots are nice for EH. Red Havoc are nice for block value/threat. Again, the badge reward may be a nice alternative if you think kara is not nice enough for you... Of course, after spending 60 badges, you'll get both drops on next kara run........ ;-/

But I know all about kara luck... still waiting for Abrahmis shoulders to replace my warchief

The Heroic drops here and there are nice, but generally too little upgrade over the blues, compared to the kara drops.

Good luck :-)
    Last edited by Gwayne; 05-02-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Don't waste the gold on red havoc, you have the gear to start ZA, and jungle stompers drop off bear boss pretty often. Don't bother buying the plans for helm of stalwart defender, it is not BoP, just get the mats and find someone to make it. To be honest seeing your armory scares me, I know block rating is not the greatest stat for a tank, but I have never seen someone with so much badge gear at such a low block rating. Technically your next badge purchase should be the ring with dodge on it, but I think you need to concentrate on finding some block rating.

Block Rating or Block Value?

+ Reply to Thread