+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible switch from tank to Fury

Possible switch from tank to Fury

Hey Folks,

I have been a long time Prot warrior now and my guild cleared Kara and is now starting with ZA.

In the last couple of Month I always focused on Prot gear and spend all my badges and stuff on improvements for my tanking set.

Along the way I picked up some dps plate which I mainly use for my daily quests. Now I am seriously considering to specc fury for a change and need some advise on where to improve my gear.

Please see my armory linky: The World of Warcraft Armory
    Thats the dps set I currently use for grinding and in Battle stance/with prot talents.

Could you give me some advice on what to focus first for replacements?

Besides the weapons I currently got equipped, I got The Decapacitator from Prince, as well as the two season one 2.60 speed maces (one with executioner and one with Potency enchanted)

How is my shown set looking? Will I be able to dps decently with that gear? Ofc I would need to enchant the weapons and I was thinking to use Potencyx 2 for now. Or would you recommend to go for the big enchants (goose, executioner) immediately?

I would has well have the possibility to craft the Engineering DPS helmet, but I am not sure if the increase in dps it brings justifys the immense cost?

Looking forward to all kind of suggestions

Moved to Armory Suggestions forums.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

You could wear that gear into Kara, but I wouldn't expect to see any big numbers from it. If your AP is 1500s unbuffed, you'll see a slight improvement in berserker stance as a fury spec (10% of whatever +AP you have that isn't from strength), and I'd expect to see around 400dps on bosses.

I wouldn't go into ZA as a fury spec until you have a significantly higher AP/crit. I'm not sure if you'd be worth a spot in Gruul's/Mag either, until you got some upgrades. You may be able to do some heroics if you can find a group that will take a fury warrior.

The best way to get your fury gear more up to par is to do more pvp. While the plate focuses a little more on crit and less on attack power, it'll be a good start.

Good Morning and sorry for the slow response on your answer, but I was a really busy the last weeks so didnt had a chance to write a reply.

Thanks for your advice so far but could you give me some numbers I should aim for?

I did some regemming and enchanting on my gear yesterday and I sit on 1958 attackpower selfbuffed and around 29% crit in Zerker Stance atm.

Thats still with Prot Specc.

What stats should I aim for if I want to do decent dps in Kara/ZA? (25 man raids is out of question atm)

I am raiding with very a small group of people and it often happens that we got three tanks so one of the tanks usually got to respecc dps then. In case they ask me to do I would like to be viable at least.

It would be great if you could check my Armory profile and suggest the pieces which I should upgrade first. (Felsen on EU Nagrand Server)

Is the plate badge Items any good? Got a couple of badges now but it seems the dps plate lacks crit as well.

For ZA fury dps I would aim for (unbuffed stats) 1800 AP, 30% crit in zerker and at least 95 hit if you have precision, or 142 without. You would still probly be pretty low on the dps charts with those stats, but I do not think you would be a liability to the raid.

+ Reply to Thread