+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comparison

Comparison

Hey there,

Armory

I posted on the forums some weeks ago when I was just starting Kara and you guys had some great tips.

We are currently doing Gruul/Mag regularly and have started slowly progressing in SSC/Eye; I am MTing regular Kara/ZA runs and 2nd Tank for the 25 mans, except if our MT decides he wants to play his Hunter

My first T4 piece was the Head. I didn't use it because I have the Googles, but then the Shoulders dropped and our MT kinda pushed me to use the Head for the 2-Set Bonus. What do you think? Is it worth it?

I'd still like your comments, even though it is kind of obsolete, because today the T4 Pants dropped. I figured I could go with Shoulders+Pants for the Bonus and put back on my Googles. Then I realized the T4 Pants don't look all that much better than the Wrynn Dynasty Greaves, do they? Or am I missing something?

Yes, they will give me the 2-Set Bonus and I can wear my Googles. But still, what do you think comparing those 2 directly?

Cheers,
    JD

The T4 pants are pretty poor. My guild doesn't let prot warriors roll on T4 pants if someone else needs them for their primary spec. The Wrynn greaves are better for sure.

The T4 2 set bonus isn't really good (partly because we have a fairly low parry rate in the first place).

Basically T4 the only pieces really worth considering to get are the shoulders and the bp. Otherwise the helm, gloves and pants are all really outclassed (except for perhaps when you are gearing for avoidance) by their Kara/tradeskill equivalents.
    The beast is getting hungrier.

To be honest, I don't really understand the T4 2-Set Bonus.

"You have a chance each time you parry to gain Blade Turning, absorbing 200 damage for 15 sec."

Does it mean that whenever you parry, you "gain blade turning", which will absorb 200dmg per hit? Because well, 200 dmg is... well, I will ignore it just as much as+3 parry rating or other socket bonuses... 200 dmg per hit semms kinda worthless?

Cheers,
    JD

EDIT: If nobody will tell me any different, I would use the T4 pants (because there is not really any difference comparing to the Wrynn) for Def and socket the Wrynn for Threat. What do you think?

Basically, the T4 2-piece bonus is like a priest bubble that absorbs 200 damage. It procs surprisingly often (or, at least, it did for me when I had it), but it wasn't all that great. Or, at least, that's how I recall it working. I might be wrong, but that was my understanding of it.

The Wrynn pants are better than t4 because of the sockets, you would probably opt to put stam in them to get higher EH values, something that most kara level tanks lack early on. However if badge gear is available to you from running kara as often as you do, the new 2.4 pants or if you're hurting for badges 2.3 pants are way better than both wrynns and t4 legs.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread