+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When is Pve Arms viable?

When is Pve Arms viable?

I know it sounds kind of stupid, but i haven't ran into many pve arms warriors and usually when I hear of them they are in BT/Hyjal type situations.

Is it a viable dps spec in SSC/TK? Im currently fury, Macesmith with dragonstrike, but im always looking for ways to increase my dps, but if I could be convinced I would have relatively no problem going Sword Spec for Lionheart.

Also this will kinda sound stupid, but the gearing for arms pve isnt that different from fury right?

with the exception of spending dkp on big 2h's and focusing even less on hit... yeha, its pretty much the same. im sorta doing the same, and considering arms (for bt/hyjal) but as i understand its only until that point that arms really has a chance to shine. Before that the only reason to take an arms warrior over a fury is for the 4% damage buff to physical.

And 5/5 demo shout if u dont have another DPS warrior, i suppose.

33/28 in raid

my guild has downed Lurker in SSC i am 33/28 and the 4% increase due to BF was noticed by all physical damage players. i just recently joined so i wasnt part of the prior raids and what not . but it did feel good when my guildies asked "Who has the Blood frenzy?" and i was the only to respond cause i was the only one. Know all of a sudden i notice a few more warriors are using 33/28 only prob is based on what i read your not gonna max Dps in this spec but if your low on Hit rating you shouldn't be duel weilding . however i dont think there should be too many MS 33/28 warriors in the raid especially if you have A good MT who doesnt have to be concerned with threat. So dont be like my guild mates and switch up with out speaking with your guildies. But hey if ur guild is like mine The stubborn folks wont pay attention anyhow. hope this added a lil something

you only ever need 1 33/28 build warrior per entire raid, the debuff is a raid wide debuff on the monster, so bringing more than 1 just hurts your raids dps.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Imho, if your 25 man raid only has one dps warrior, and you run a tipycal melee group, plus a few hunters, 33/28 is the way to go... 4% to all physical damage is a lot of dps... and competition for 2-handers is low...

-only problem i've been having is a lot of DPS plate has hit rating on it, and i'm waay over the cap without even trying

Quote Originally Posted by Anglachel View Post
    -only problem i've been having is a lot of DPS plate has hit rating on it, and i'm waay over the cap without even trying
    Quick check here, what is your hit cap? I'm not an expert with gear of every tier, but now (full T5 with some T6 level gear) I have one +8 hit gem, and use food to reach 141 (and I'm still not over the cap)

hit cap is 142... i'm currently sitting at 157 with no gems or food, and trying to figure out how to lose exactly 15 hit...

+ Reply to Thread