+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Feedback

Some Feedback

Guild is about to start Kara - I think I am ready to dive right in to it.

I have read Bergs guides, Vene on TankingTips and loads of posts on here.

I think I'm pretty much at a level I feel comfortable tanking in heroics etc. I dont trust be.imba as it seems to "open" to really concentrate on good tanking gear.

In any case, here is my gear

The World of Warcraft Armory

Be warned I only got the rep shield last night, was going to enchant Stam on it tonight but I appreciate any thoughts on that too!

Thrown to the mercy of the wolves here... God I hope I've not missed something obvious!?

For a start, your link doesn't work But beyond that your gear looks fairly solid for pre-raid/heroics. be.imba isn't reliable for tanks for reasons mentioned in other threads around here (it says 490 def is a hard cap and expertise is capped at 5.6% reduction, both of which are wrong).

I would swap your green trinket for the one from Blackheart the Inciter in SL if you see it drop. This would give you some more flexibility in choosing enchants and some more passive avoidance (ie, you don't have to use the trinket to get it). Apart from that, swap your +def enchants for stam as your gear improves (but not before, uncrittability > anything else) and you'll be golden. Keep hitting those heroics, pick up badge gear, et cetera.

Also, giggity @ your avatar.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

hmm strange.. the link works for me?!

Yeah I've been wanting to replace the trinket, but it has been handy and the "phasing out" effect is quite cool... (you get some strange comments when you pop it! people wonder how you can do that and not be a rogue)

Im waiting for the Jewelcrafting vendor to open on the Island of Quel'danas Shaani - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft on our server,

then I can make the Jewelcrafting BOP trinket as I have the other mats.

Figurine - Empyrean Tortoise - Items - World of Warcraft

thanks for the advice though mate!!

Xag-mire

Quote Originally Posted by Arrivan View Post
    For a start, your link doesn't work But beyond that your gear looks fairly solid for pre-raid/heroics. be.imba isn't reliable for tanks for reasons mentioned in other threads around here (it says 490 def is a hard cap and expertise is capped at 5.6% reduction, both of which are wrong).

I would swap your green trinket for the one from Blackheart the Inciter in SL if you see it drop. This would give you some more flexibility in choosing enchants and some more passive avoidance (ie, you don't have to use the trinket to get it). Apart from that, swap your +def enchants for stam as your gear improves (but not before, uncrittability > anything else) and you'll be golden. Keep hitting those heroics, pick up badge gear, et cetera.

Also, giggity @ your avatar.
    Amazing.. did an easy run in SL with the guild tonight... and the Adamantite Trinket dropped.

You must be a mind reader mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Xagan View Post
    Amazing.. did an easy run in SL with the guild tonight... and the Adamantite Trinket dropped.

You must be a mind reader mate.

I wish. Then I'd enter poker competitions. Congratulations

I don't know exactly why your link didn't work when I tried, but I (obviously) found your profile. The link works for me now too.

Edit: While I'm editing, you can now afford to replace an enchant with stamina or other. I'd either go with your bracers or wait for a better item, because 15 def rating on your chest makes for a great avoidance piece. Maybe [item]Spaulders of Dementia[/item] will drop if you do heroic Sethekk Halls?
    Last edited by Arrivan; 05-01-2008 at 03:40 AM.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

+ Reply to Thread