+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My DPS Warrior pushing 500 DPS...

My DPS Warrior pushing 500 DPS...

ZA run, my new Fury Warrior was only pushing 500 DPS (Funsmack Bleeding Hollow) his gear is decent, still a few blues and bad gems, no enchant on Off Hand (waiting for an upgrade, lol).

His group had no Windfury but I dont think it's an excuse. Is it really gear? I told him to worry only about the soft hit cap at the moment, am I misleading him?

For starters,gemming hit is terribad... 500 dps is like starting 70's dps basically. You either:
    A) Have a bad rotation( still wouldn't warrant 500 dps)
    B) AFk through half the boss fight
    C) Terrible and need to reroll.

As a rough guideline, I can push anywhere from 800 to 1000 DPS with full raid buffs and consumables but without Windfury depending on the boss (<3 Shade and Illhoof). His gear is only a bit below mine, so he should be able to come somewhere near my numbers. I'd say it's a rotation and skill problem. Fury's DPS rotation is easy: Hit Bloodthist and Whirlwind every time they're up, refresh Battle Shout, Rampage and Demoralising Shout (if needed) whenever you need to and Heroic Strike as often as possible. Occasionally I'll fish for a crit with spamstring but generally I don't need to.

He also needs to lose the hit gems. He's over the special cap (the only hit cap warriors should actively try to reach) without them because of Precision. I see he also has Imp. Overpower in his spec. If he's stance dancing for every dodge he'll actually lose DPS from losing all but 10 rage each time he stance dances, which would screw up his rotation. Those points would be better spent maxing out Deflection and taking Anger Management. In the Fury tree, he can afford to lose Imp. Berserker Rage to max out Weapon Mastery and take 1/2 Imp. Whirlwind. On a side note, I don't have Imp. WW because with my 300-500ms average latency it would not help to avoid cooldown clashes as it would with lower latency.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

lol, stance dancing for Overpower

I can't understand his problem though. The ranged out DPS'd him on Eagle Boss, and there the mobile ones. Our rogue had no WF but still pushed around 800-900. (did much better doing his gear right though)

A WWS report would be the most helpful tool to see where and why he's going wrong. Without that, we're just speculating.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Yea too bad every time I try WWS now I get "not a vaild 2.4 log" Not sure why it's saying that.

I think they updated their program, you might want to DL the new version.

Well I figured out one of my DPS warriors is a nub that doesn't use Whirlwind...but he's quite undergeared also, I really need to see wuts up with Funsmack

Make him read the DW Fury guide stickied above? I'd say no raid until he opens his eyes and reads for himself. Let him figure it out for himself after that and you can just do some coaching where need be.

His gear/spec is looking fine to me.. only thing I can see is his gem choice is pretty bad. I gem 8 str by default, will use crit/str to hit socket bonuses I want, and only use the 2 str/sta gems I need to activate my meta. In fact on second review.. his gear isn't activating his meta.

Wow Web Stats
    Wow Web Stats

WTF are they doing wrong. Pushing 700 DPS at this gear level is bad right!?

Well.. on Morogrim.. he seems to be missing a lot of WW's and BT's. Maybe he got graved alot or something, but 51&#37; on just regular swings is really high. he's also missing his yellow attacks? How? His crit is also quite low.

Same thing for the first post. Missing his yellows, half of his dps from white attacks is lol( is he afking alot?). Not heroic striking enough, should be up around 9-15% of your dps form heroic strikes.
    Last edited by Spaceknight; 05-01-2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Looked up 1st wws

I dont get it though, aren't they supposed to generally stay around 95 hit rating unless they find gear that comes with it?

95 is minimum to not miss yellows and should be required for all fury warriors if they want to raid.. However it seems like he's missing his yellow attacks, therefore he's not at 95 hit rating.

Fixing your gear isn't going to magically make you do more DPS. Most people that suck at DPS with bad gear, also suck at DPS with good gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceknight View Post
    95 is minimum to not miss yellows and should be required for all fury warriors if they want to raid.. However it seems like he's missing his yellow attacks, therefore he's not at 95 hit rating.
    If you look into the specifics though he's not exactly missing, the attacks are being dodged, so does he need Expertise?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolishness View Post
    Fixing your gear isn't going to magically make you do more DPS. Most people that suck at DPS with bad gear, also suck at DPS with good gear.
    Totally agree with this, we have one dps warrior in our raids who was constantly at the bottom end of damage meters (Found out after starting to use WWS). So, I had a little chat with him as I have some experience about both aspects of a warrior and also directed him to The Almighty Tankspot.com Forums to look up couple guides on how to improve his DPS (right skill rotations and so on)

This resulted in his DPS increasing from ~500 to ~800 on Lurker and on last Tidewalker kill he was around ~1000dps, according to WWS logs. Basically he went from bottom end to near the top while using almost same gear (ditched some +hit gems for +str)
    Last edited by Crommi; 05-04-2008 at 06:06 PM.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

It says Miss though on some of his stats.. anyways.. ya direct him to meek's guide and if he listens and reads it, you should see a dps increase.

Edit:
    never mind I'm wrong.. about that.. didn't further check it, but I do see some of his attacks being parried, which is uh.. interesting. If you ever see a melee dps in front of you. Threaten to Gkick them if they don't go behind the boss.

But seriously, direct him to Meek's DW Fury Guide, It makes crappy dps warriors into gods. >_>. I basically increased a couple hundred dps reading that guide and learning to gem and gear out.

You can also listen to corbruiser, he's pretty good with the numbers too.
    Last edited by Spaceknight; 05-04-2008 at 07:09 PM.

You can also listen to corbruiser, he's pretty good with the numbers too.
    >: [

LOL SORRY >_> its like that time i got cinderhelm mixed up with ciderhelm

and corbrusier sounds better >:]

+ Reply to Thread