+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enough Tank for ZA?

Enough Tank for ZA?

Hey guys,
    My guild has cleared kara, and is now looking to move into ZA. We dont have the people to start 25 mans yet, however we have a pretty steady group of 15 or so that can run kara/za every week.

Armory:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Basically i am wondering
    1. How far can i go into ZA with no upgrades to this gear
    2. What upgrades will be needed next to handle higher level ZA bosses/mobs
    3. How close am i to being able to tank 25 man content if we ever get enough people or choose to go with another guild

Thanks for your time guys !!
    -Dimp

The only stat I can see as possibly essential to upgrade for ZA is your hit rating. Resisted taunts can wipe you on Nalorakk. Otherwise your gear looks pretty good. A King's Defender would be a good upgrade, but I know how hard that is to catch. Otherwise just keep pushing armor and stam, very good boots and shoulders drop fairly early in ZA, so those should be two pretty quick upgrades.

I've started in ZA with fairly similar kit, ditto for 25 mans, so no reason you can't do either as well. Trinkets from MgT if you haven't got them, would be very handy, as it can be very obvious if healers are struggling (not just your kit, but their output), as that can make ZA pretty irritating.

Depending what 25 man bosses you're planning to do, gear investments may be more critical in terms of resistance gear, which is what I'm looking at, with what was planned on my old guild before raiding folded, and what is planned in the new one. Full or partial frost res set for hydross for example looks pretty steep in terms of primals & so on. If you can get assistance with that, then it'd be a major bonus for you.
    Former TBC/LK Tank
    Waiting for Dunmail Jnr to sleep to enable online gaming.

Thanks for the comments guys!
    So basically i can gear up via running ZA enough to get through most of it?
    Also i have enough badges for the new badge belt and ring, so that should help a bit.
    </3 Heroic MgT however ... but i guess i gotta just try to burn through it!

Moved to Armory Forum

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'd say that your good to start ZA at least (although I hope you're quick on the Mocking Blow / Challenging Shout hotkeys if your taunt misses). There's a pretty big jump from Bear and Eagle to Dragonhawk and Lynx, difficulty-wise, but a lot of that isn't so much about your gear as it is about everyone else. Our guild hasn't killed Dragonhawk yet, but that's not because of the tanks dying.

I would recommend looking at swapping some +hit gear in. When I do nalorekk, I eat +20hit foot, throw on a hit rating trinket and ring, to get myself capped and still at a high enough EH to not make my healers complain.

the gear i have showing is my mitigation gear ... i have 2 expertise rings, and i will have the expertise from the new badge belt when i get home today. Are these enough hit, or should i try gemming for it or something?

+ Reply to Thread