+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive Warrior PvP Guide

also what stance do u guys think its best to be in for pvp ive heard very mixed opinions on this one. ty

I usually sit in berserker stance because I need to be able to pummel/intercept on demand without dumping all of my rage. You have to be quick to switch when you're getting focused though.

alright well ty for the advice and making this guide, hopefully ill be able to get better

Feel free to comeback and post your experiences, good or bad, sometimes just sharing experiences leads to growth. I know one time I was having a really hard time beating a makeup i'd never heard before, and my partner and I couldn't really come up with a way to beat them besides pray for the best. My guild's other gladiator team had the same issue with another team. Once we talked about it and saw how the other team did it (we ran different make ups but it gave us ideas about what to do) we both ended up beating the teams that plagued us repeatedly.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

So I've got a question about keybind/bar management. I tank for my guild 4 nights a week in raids, and I also raid fury as needed. I've got alotta keybinds for my tanking spec, is there any way to save whole keybind configurations/bar setups? I don't see how I can add all these macros into my bars, and create an effective pvp setup without screwing over my pve setup. I use bartender, but only 1 bar can be used for # keys 1-10, so I can't just enable and disable different bars. Any help would be awesome.

edit: if there's a way to bind a key to 2 different functions depending on what bars you have enabled, that'd be a solution, but i haven't figured out how to do that yet.
    Last edited by werx; 02-03-2009 at 12:39 PM.

I don't think that's possible. Your best best is to post it on the UI forums to see if they know if there is a way to save them.

UI forums can be found here: User Interface, Addons, and Macros - TankSpot

Updated to include Fury specific info since it's become popular.

I started 2v2'ing with a Resto Shaman this weekend. He has just under 700 resilience and I sit at 613 and spec PvP Fury (current armory shows PvE Fury and Gear).

We have a ton of issues with Mages, especially when paired with a Rogue and vice versa. I've read that Arms is better for dealing with Rogues, but if I were to do that what would I be giving up in dealing with other classes? Any help would be appreciated.

LOL in my opinion you can only do so much leaning on the OP classes known as Paladins and Deathknights..... you can only do so much

i want to see you roll warrior druid 2200 or better

If i had a druid I'd try, but unfortunately my druid went back to his paladin. and what are you trying to start Greatblack? if you want to discuss something by all means do so, but if you're here just to flame, then you can gtfo.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

hey a quick question.. using the spell reflect macro

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
    /cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
    /equip [modifier:ctrl] Colossal Skull-Clad Cleaver
    /equip Royal Crest of Lordaeron
    /equipslot 16 Last Laugh

for me its natural having SR on alt+6 but how could i make the modifier, so i can go back to my 2h. ofc i can use ctrl and click it but thats not effective.. any pointers?

I ran into that problem when I was trying to re-keybind my stuff. I think you would have to separate the macro so you have a weapon swap macro and a spell reflect macro. It would probably be a lot easier to switch a few other keybinds around so that spell reflect is on a normal key instead of on a modifier key.

thanks for this wonderful guide. i just starting putting my head out of tank's wolrd and interesting in PvP.
    is for pvp gear a cap for resilence or something similar?
    and what should be PvP ability's rotation?

There is a cap on resil, but you don't aim for it. And to answer your rotation question, I would have to know what spec you are.

right now i'm prot specced, but with dual spec i will use the arms spec posted by you on the 1 post of the guide, so i would like to know the rotation with the arms spec

blood :P?

PvP doesn't have a rotation like PvE does. It is more like keep up hamstring and MS, and use spare GCD's for Sunders/WW if you have to have a rotation.

But PvP skill is defined by what you do with your GCD imo. The use of your GCD is the choice that defines what you will do in a particular situation.

ok

and what abouta the stats that a lvl 80 PVP warr arms should have to be a good pvp player?

ok, hit has to be capped with 5%, but what is a good stat for resilence, strenght, speed and AP?

btw, thanks for the guide, it's wonderful

I try to keep a good balance of crit and AP

+ Reply to Thread